Drago's Winter 2020/21 deathkill slaughter murder carnage annihilation snow thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Weak and pathetic snow is falling and melting on contact with the ground. Snow these days, all snowflakes, not like back in the 60/70/80s...

It is not even orange like the forecast.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
garden.jpg

Strong sub-zero winds and moderate snow here but no great accumulations yet, other than having to dig out the drift covering the cat flap. Broadband speed has nose-dived (I suspect powder snow has got into the pole junction box) and a combination of already soaked ground and accumulations of snow and ice on trees has led to tree and branch falls, with a number of power cuts locally. Reminds me of the 60s. Already de-iced the bird feeders twice - the snow on them keeps forming a solid ice covering that they can't get through.

Oh oh - just picked up. Huge clouds of blowing snow sailing past.

Rezillo

TwoSheds
Strong sub-zero winds and moderate snow here but no great accumulations yet, other than having to dig out the drift covering the cat flap. Broadband speed has nose-dived (I suspect powder snow has got into the pole junction box) and a combination of already soaked ground and accumulations of snow and ice on trees has led to tree and branch falls, with a number of power cuts locally. Reminds me of the 60s. Already de-iced the bird feeders twice - the snow on them keeps forming a solid ice covering that they can't get through.

Oh oh - just picked up. Huge clouds of blowing snow sailing past.

Strong easterly sub-zero wind is blowing snow into the cat flap tunnel where it partially melts then the wind blows the water through the flap seal and freezes it shut.

The cat, not noticed for its patience, has already got stranded outside and we found him there, hissing and swearing at the flap, so we've locked it for the night. No doubt at some point, we will be woken up by him hammering at the flap to get out or pulling window blinds down attempting to get out through a fan light.

Landsurfer

Veteran
Beast from the East ..... barely 1 inch of snow here on the top of the hill .... But not doubt school will be closed. Teachers must have special cars that cannot drive in any snow. I write this from work after a straightforward 16 mile drive .....

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Beast from the East ..... barely 1 inch of snow here on the top of the hill .... But not doubt school will be closed. Teachers must have special cars that cannot drive in any snow. I write this from work after a straightforward 16 mile drive .....

It's because of the kids not the teachers but hey never let facts etc

Top Bottom