1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream Car!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Cathryn, 2 May 2008.

1. Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Wrong forum probably, but what is your dream car?

I've just made a BIG decision to change mine....all the way from a TVR Chimaera to a TVR Tuscan! The back just looks breathtaking!!! Even a threat from the husband that I couldn't put the bikes on the back has put me off. I want one now!

Realistically, we shall stick with our clapped out VW Bora...but when you dream, what car do you drive?

2. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

The Tuscan is really nice.

For me, I like the Alfa Brera - but they need lots of garage attention - had a company Alfa 147 Selespeed for a couple of years when they came on the market - fab car, but always going wrong.....

Back to our own trusty jap cars now..... one is 8 years old, the other 5 - both been brill !

3. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

ayrton senna's maclaren honda

TCD3ASenna.jpg

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I wouldn't want much. A Lotus Elise would do. Quick, good handling, not really expensive.

Then I'd just have a boring load-lugger for everyday use.

5. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

If you ever get the chance Cathryn - Don't do it. Friend has one, very expensive to run and often off the road. They come with a free covered breakdown truck ;)

6. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

An old VW Beetle Cabriolet would be fun to own/drive in a hot country. ;)

Otherwise my dream vehicle would be a small- to medium-sized Campervan. ;)

7. Smokin Joe

Smokin Joe Legendary Member

A Ford GT40, probably the best looking car ever made.

8. Panter

Panter Just call me Chris...

Audi RS4

[​IMG]

;):tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

9. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Not necessarily this exact model, but 1950s American monsters make me go weak at the knees... like Cameron Diaz or Mariella Frostrup. ;) (no they're not 1950s American monsters, but you get my meaning?)

[​IMG]

10. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Being a practical guy, I'd have to go for the Maserati Quattroporte, a genuine 4 door supercar for every day use (so good, Shumi drives one).
    http://www.maseratiquattroporte.com/newqpsite.html?lang=en
    Stylish and with presence in an understated way.

For weekends/project fun, a Lamborghini Muira, probably the most beautiful car ever made. Actually, as I look at it... my dream car.

11. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

12. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I really like Scammell Explorers but it wasn't practical to get one so I had a go at building my own here as seen on my other forum. (You can see it part way down, post No244, with the same user name.)

I don't have it any more as I had to sell it when I moved north but I did get a 1946 AEC Matador to park outside my house for a while after I got here.
    For smaller stuff I really like the old Morgan +8 but as there is still a waiting list I could do with a Carver to get me by.

13. Bugatti Veyron - Hermes Special Edition - take it or leave it...
    [​IMG]

but a 'pur sang' Hmmmm...
    [​IMG]

14. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I'd probably say it is a close second to the AC Cobra and the Jag E type myself but we won't fall out over such a close thing.;)

15. OP
    OP
    Cathryn

Cathryn California Correspondant

Damn it, that's what the husband says!