Dream Car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

I wouldn't want much. A Lotus Elise would do. Quick, good handling, not really expensive.
Theyr'e ok, had a ride in one the other week, only 300 yards down the road to tesco's though when it was pissing it down. Very hard to get into, the sill you have to step over is almost as high as the car itself, the door being only about 9" tall. There's quite a few in swifts, iirc they're between 20 and 30k. think one's an exige actually, they're better.

Smokin Joe said:
A Ford GT40, probably the best looking car ever made.
what like clarksons?

Cathryn said:
I've just made a BIG decision to change mine....all the way from a TVR Chimaera to a TVR Tuscan! The back just looks breathtaking!!! Even a threat from the husband that I couldn't put the bikes on the back has put me off. I want one now!
TVRs are rubbish - unreliable and dangerous handling especially in the wet.

Cathryn said:
That's my second dream car, in case the Tuscan breaks down!

Which it will.

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Welcome back, you little ray of sunshine!

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Cars Hmmmmmph. Well I like mine to be functional. So it should be able to carry bikes inside without dismantling (for the few occasions when I want to take bikes somewhere). I should be able to go down the Stables and fill up with huges piles of FYM for the garden. It should cost next to nothing and run on fresh air. It should also drive itself on any long trips and be so quiet and smooth that I can lie down and have a kip, delivering me refreshed to my desired destination.

Beam Me Up Scotty

Night Train

Maker of Things
If we're delving into the realms of fantasy then mine would be:
A tiny single, or twin, seater that runs on a tiny amount of renewably sourced electric for those long journeys I wouldn't do on a bike,
That comes with a demountable pod on the back that can be used for the tools of my trade,
That can be swapped for another pod that allows the carriage of any passengers,
That also has a lightweight fifth wheel so I can tow a light semi-trailer for bulky goods,
Where the semi-trailer is big enough to store the other two pods to reduce parking space,
Is not painted in the invisibility paint that my current car seems to be painted in (I'm fed up of it being hit because other drivers can't see it!).

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
mickle said:
If U can have only one, this is the one. Today anyway.

www.fotozumbrunn.ch/cisitalia1.html
Very classy!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I don't drive and don't want to, so my dream car would have to be a bike! Something super-light with Campag Record bits. I already have an aluminium Cannondale and a steel Basso, so I reckon it would have to be carbon-fibre this time. There are so many great bikes to choose from... a Colnago perhaps?

When I was a teenager and Prisoner fan back in the early seventies, I fantasised about owning a Lotus 7 like KAR 120C.

kar120c.jpg

yoyo

I have my dream car - a mark II MX5. Unfortunately I have a few marks on my licence to prove I use it! Fabulous for driving the passes in Switzerland! It gets the most amazing reaction as we drive through France - the French don't seem to know what it is.

Rob S

I've taken pics of most of my dream cars at the Goodwood Festival of Speed...and here they are, with my favourite, a Maserati A6 first.:evil:

Maserati.jpg

merc300.jpg

Bentley.jpg

Sadly they don't bring the original version of the Merc W154 to Goodwood...have to make do with the later version...with John Surtees at the wheel.
mercw154.jpg

good1.jpg

alfa.jpg

And to finish....something beyond a dream car!!:biggrin:

good7.jpg

simonali

Guru
The Type 35 is lovely. Got any pics of a shark nose Ferrari, Rob?

I've got a bunch of FOS pics somewhere but they're all prints from a proper camera and I've not digitized them.

Top Bottom