Dream Car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rob S

simonali said:
The Type 35 is lovely. Got any pics of a shark nose Ferrari, Rob?

I've got a bunch of FOS pics somewhere but they're all prints from a proper camera and I've not digitized them.

Sadly not...Chris Rea's replica has been at Goodwood but as far as I know not since I first started going in 2003....but here is a shot I found on the interweb of it at Goodwood...

reunion_shark.jpg

An Alfa for me as well.
Classic insurance, no VED (almost typed 'road tax' then :wacko: ).
Economical to run as would never come with slightest possibility or rain. Pretty much never then. And only to sit on drive to be looked at, polished and occasionally licked.
Is it me or are the best looking cars Italian? I appreciate the engineering in the modern supercars, but for looks....

fs_ar_giulia_1600_spider_frontansicht.jpg

simonali

Guru
Rob S said:
Sadly not...Chris Rea's replica has been at Goodwood but as far as I know not since I first started going in 2003....but here is a shot I found on the interweb of it at Goodwood...

My pics would all be older than yours, as I've not been since about 2003. The price went up every year I went, which I wouldn't mind, but every year there were more people, too, so I was paying more to see less!

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm glad that no saddo has the hots for a Golf GTI. They were for hairdressers who wanted to look butch.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Besides a Volvo FH16 660 with big sidepipes and lots of chrome, i would have a TVR Tuscan. I had 4 come past me and they sounded amazing and looked brilliant.
And the most amazing thing was i didnt see them down the road broken down. :eek:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
bonj said:
Theyr'e ok, had a ride in one the other week, only 300 yards down the road to tesco's though when it was pissing it down. Very hard to get into, the sill you have to step over is almost as high as the car itself, the door being only about 9" tall. There's quite a few in swifts, iirc they're between 20 and 30k. think one's an exige actually, they're better.

snip.

The Lotus Esprit is ever harder to get out of. My uncle has a V8 one and this older one. I had a sit in the V8, easy enough to get in, but hard to get out. I had a hand on the roof trying to get myself out and it was hard. I am not tall either.
It did sound very very nice though, it has a 2 straight through exhausts on it.:eek:

Plax

Guru
rich p said:
those Reliant Robins are a tihng of beauty:wacko:

Work colleagues partner has one he has painted with zebra stripes.

Personally I'd be happy with a Daihatsu Hijet.

Top Bottom