Dream Car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LLB

mickle said:
I can't bear Lotus 7 clones, they're in the same camp as all the other modern pastiches of classics; BMW Mini, new Beetle, new Mustang, yawn. I know they go, I know they're good track cars but for chrissake have they never heard of a windtunnel? Flat windscreens. Like duh.

I disagree with this. In terms of usability how many places are there to use true supercar performance apart from the Autobahn ?

I have seen 165mph on the clock on my bike, but the reality is that flat out driving at that speed really does lose its shine quickly as you are not so much driving, but more like aiming.

The Westfield/Caterham type cars definitely has their place IMO as they offer real driving experience both on the track and road without getting to silly speeds.

This was borne out with the track times offered by the Ariel Atom against all of the supercars. It totally mullered even the best of them on the track :ohmy:

My mate incidentally did all the engine management setup on the original type R Honda engined versions :eek:

A gander at his gallery is a bit of a who's who of competition vehicles :biggrin:

http://www.rollingroad.co.uk/GALLERY.htm

Arch

Married to Night Train
For day to day use, a proper old mini, maybe a countryman like this...

e.i.2005.mfs.Austin.Mini.Countryman.1964.JPG

For occasional lovely days out and feeling regal, a Citroen DS.

71665.jpg

asterix

Comrade Member
A slightly newer version of my van with a limited slip differential. They also do 4wd but I suspect it'd be little more use.

A car wouldn't carry for example, 8pcs 3mx12cmx12cm oak beams, 10pcs 2mx3cmx20cm oak planks and 3 sacks of cement.

stevenb

Kirstie said:
Thanks stevenb, our nearest is leicester - it won't be for another year yet, but I'll bear it in mind.

No worries Kirstie.
That'll be Mertrux then.
Steve Lovett is the chap you need to speak to there if he's still there by then...I'm sure he will be.:becool:

Top Bottom