Dream Car!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Some pics I've found and scanned from GFOS '99-'00.

FORD GT40

2poy44j.jpg

LANCIA 037

2zokgb8.jpg

AUDI QUATTRO SPORT SWB

2lwn3au.jpg

MERCEDES CLK-GTR

34h7wcn.jpg

McLAREN F1

241l6o2.jpg

FERRARI of unknown model number! Maybe a 330 P3?

68uf6d.jpg

TVR SPEED 12. You might recognise the celebrity driver near the tree. He didn't get to drive the car as, in typical TVR style, it wouldn't start! :eek:

j806k1.jpg

And finally an unassuming looking Mercedes A Series, but look closer.

ffbvrr.jpg

Rob S

simonali said:
MERCEDES CLK-GTR

34h7wcn.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!!:angry:

Does it do backflips when driven down the motorway though!!??:angry:

yoyo

Smokin Joe said:
I'm glad that no saddo has the hots for a Golf GTI. They were for hairdressers who wanted to look butch.

What a statement:ohmy:!!

My previous car was a MKII GTI. IT was an amazing car. At the time my youngest was a very cute 4 year old. In traffic with all windows and roof open he shouted, ''Mummy, is this a racing car?'' ''Well it could be, dear'', I replied. ''Then why doesn't it have stickers?'', he shouted.

On another hot day (that summer must have been good) he shouted, ''Mummy, why do birds p** on cars and on swing seats?'' ''Darling, it happens when they're flying''. ''Then why don't they fly sideways?''

I have many delightful memories of my GTI along with the souvenirs on my licence. I have often been accused of being unladylike but I am no hairdresser.

red_tom

Rob S said:
Sadly not...Chris Rea's replica has been at Goodwood but as far as I know not since I first started going in 2003....but here is a shot I found on the interweb of it at Goodwood...

reunion_shark.jpg

One of my family's claims to fame is that my uncle Mike totaled Gilles Villeneuve's Ferrari 312T3 at the 1994 Goodwood festival of speed, breaking his legs in the process

He's quite a good driver though -

Mike Wilds drove World Championship Formula One for BRM and Ensign in the 1970’s, won nine British Championships in single seaters and sports cars, won the Group C2 Team World Championship with Ecurie Ecosse in 1986, competed in eleven 24 Hour Races including the famous Le Mans 24 Hour Race seven times, has driven in the British Touring Car Championship, provides tuition for manufacturers such as BMW, Lexus, FIAT, Jaguar, Mercedes Benz and Porsche plus Mike still currently competes in the European Endurance ‘Britcar’ Championship.
From here.

As for cars, I think I'll go for a 911ST

70_911_ST_DV_05_KM_05_por_01.jpg

Rob S

I read yesterday that Chris Evans paid £5.09m for a Ferrari 250 GT SWB California Spyder recently, double the expected selling price ...making it the most expensive car ever sold at an auction.

It looks like this:

ferrari-250-gt-spyder-california-1.jpg

ferrari-250-gt-spyder-california-2.jpg

;)

Mortiroloboy

Easy... 1958 Citroen traction avant.;)

Mr Pig

Cathryn said:
what is your dream car?

One that I don't have to lie under every year! :0(

Talking of TVR, one of the guys at work had a Chimera and unreliable doesn't cover it! Basically, little on the car was right. Electrics didn't work, buttons fell off, whole car leaked and the engine didn't run right. Luckily for him some nice van driver ran into the back of him and wrote it off!

depends on lots of things, price especially,

at mor reasonable prices: 1970 dodge challenger, jaguar e-tyoe, mini cooper s mk.1 (modern ones arent really mini's) possibly even a jaguar d-type

if you go to no holes barred, anyone can spout on about cars they could never dream of owning, i like classic cars as you can see, they have character.. but i wouldnt say no to a pagani zonda!!!- thats an outrageous looking car..

stuff ferraris theyre for tw*ts who dont know what else to get...

Mr Pig

Evilcat said:
My Chimaera blew up and set itself on fire.

The guy in question had like-for-like insurance so when they gave him a Mondeo he rejected it. Turned out the insurance company one had one car on their books anything like the TVR, a top-of-the range merc! He had it for about four months! :0)

LLB

HEAD-UP-YER-ASS.jpg

Oh sorry, I was going to show you a pic of spindrifts favourite car, but he saw this thread and this was the only pic I could get of him ;)

Top Bottom