drilling pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
bonj said:
as it happens the correct answer as to how to get it out was something nobody came up with. Which was: give the crank a strong whack on BOTH sides of the pedal axle in turn with a heavy metal hammer, then put it in a vice and turn it. came off quite easily then. no oxyacetylene torches or liquid nitrogen required.

So, your OP was irrelevant! Were you testing us.......you little tease you!

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Steve Austin said:
I have a real problem with you posting nonsense as fact on this board. you do it in beginners and in know how, and this board has lots of folk who read it and may not post.

So, when YOU post that the correct way to remove pedals is to use a vice and a large clout with a hammer, i will contradict you. Its the wrong way to remove pedals. it works, but its like whipping cream with a power drill. it makes no sense

well, you couldn't have done it. you didnt' even know how you were going to tackle it. you were asked, and you didn't come up with any ideas.

Abitrary

Steve Austin said:
So, when YOU post that the correct way to remove pedals is to use a vice and a large clout with a hammer, i will contradict you. Its the wrong way to remove pedals. it works, but its like whipping cream with a power drill. it makes no sense

I think this all depends on how much you ride, and how ready you want to be to ride.

I once had a landlord who had a garage with a workbench vice, and if I had to get a gammy pedal off, I'd clamp the whole bike horizontally by the pedal and twist it off.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

Abitrary said:
I think this all depends on how much you ride, and how ready you want to be to ride.

I once had a landlord who had a garage with a workbench vice, and if I had to get a gammy pedal off, I'd clamp the whole bike horizontally by the pedal and twist it off.
course you would, and it worked i bet. steve austin's just a twat.

Abitrary

bonj said:
course you would, and it worked i bet. steve austin's just a twat.

steve austin can be a bit overly aggressive in his viewpoint (but aren't we all sometimes) but if you bear with it some sort of sense can eventually foment.

I don't have time for stuff like that so I just ignore him.

Top Bottom