"Driver calls 999 to report a cyclist for refusing to leap out of her way"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alicat

Legendary Member
I'm so glad I don't live anywhere near there. Not doing anything to help motorists see cyclists as fellow human beings....

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I'm so glad I don't live anywhere near there. Not doing anything to help motorists see cyclists as fellow human beings....
Exactly. On the odd occasion I cycle on a single track road I check behind me regularly and always find a bit to stop and just let them pass. Usually get a cheery wave of acknowledgement and both parties carry on happy and safe.

winjim

Smash the cistern
To be fair to the cyclist, it looks like the last upload on his channel was three years ago so I don't think he's just doing it for content.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Point is I feel he's looked upon favourably on here but is it ok for him to come across as 'quite threatening '?

Balls of steel when equipped with a camera!
I guess context is key and you'd have to look at each incident on its merits. I do get the impression that Mikey treats all motorists the same and has a constructive aim in mind, which is to report to the police. My point really is that if you're going to escalate the situation then be prepared for the consequences.

I think Mikey says 'this is going to the police' more often than he says 'this is going on YouTube'

I find the immediate reference to the Highway Code a bit odd. It's not the sole authority on what behaviour is and isn't reasonable in such situations, which often depends heavily on context. I would be much more likely to say something like - the road was narrow back there, and I know this wider bit is coming up.

Drago

Legendary Member
Point is I feel he's looked upon favourably on here but is it ok for him to come across as 'quite threatening '?
Absolutely not. Just because hes been a victim does not give him the right to become an offender.

I wonder if he would behave in the same manner towards perhaps a gentleman of my dimensions? In my experience cowards tend not to want to do so, and confine their chumpiness (new word, (c)2021 Drago Industries) towards women and men of smaller stature.

The danger is that one day someone really will give him a good reason to go to the police, but that's going to be too late - you can't take back a good kicking. Certainly if he'd behaved towards my Wife like that we would be having words that he would not enjoy, although I rather hope Mrs D would also behave better than the female in the vid.

For someone who wants to make the world, or at least the roads, a safer place he has a funny way of going about it.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
I find the immediate reference to the Highway Code a bit odd. It's not the sole authority on what behaviour is and isn't reasonable in such situations, which often depend heavily on context.
The conversation does seem to begin quite abruptly. I wonder if we're getting the whole story here.

winjim

Smash the cistern
I wonder if he would behave in the same manner towards perhaps a gentleman of my dimensions? In my experience cowards tend not to want to do so, and confine their chumpiness (new word, (c)2021 Drago Industries) towards women and men of smaller stature.
As I've written before, I used to be quite a self-righteous shouty prick of a cyclist, but then I realised that I was only shouting at people who I wasn't physically afraid of, which made me a bully. So I chilled out and I'm a much happier, better, safer road user because of it.

I've now also driven with two small children in the car so I know how distracting they can be.

Absolutely not. Just because hes been a victim does not give him the right to become an offender.

The danger is that one day someone really will give him a good reason to go to the police, but that's going to be too late - you can't take back a good kicking. Certainly if he'd behaved towards my Wife like that we would be having words that he would not enjoy, although I rather hope Mrs D would also behave better than the female in the vid.

For someone who wants to make the world, or at least the roads, a safer place he has a funny way of going about it.
I'm talking about Mikey, are you?

Randomnerd

Bimbleur

Why do you have always to bring your size into most every thread? It’s just another boring example of power you seem to want to promulgate. Cant you just dial back the testosterone ever? What you’re saying in effect is you’re so big you don’t get this treatment. I mean, have a word with yourself. The camera guy is policing with hormones too. He could be a jujitsu master for all you know, and might put you on your arse with a flick of his go pro. It’s all the same. We could all just go about our business. You have me doing it now, getting tension about some fool with a camera and some other chump blowing off about his amazing genes. FFS. There is no story here, other than the camera fool ought to get on with his life and none of us should be wasting time talking about this shite.

Top Bottom