"Driver calls 999 to report a cyclist for refusing to leap out of her way"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
If we are purely judging just on the video, I'll be honest, I'm a bit disappointed with the victim blaming here. She really could have just gone on her way too.
To be clear, I'm not victim blaming. This is a cycling forum so looking at videos like this I like to put myself in the cyclist's position and think about their behaviour and what I could maybe have done differently in that situation. It's no good just bleating on about how awful the driver was; awful drivers exist, we are going to encounter them and it's a good little exercise to consider how we might deal with them.

In this case, the cyclist could have let it go after the initial confrontation. They each would have gone on their ways, both thinking that the other was a bit of an entitled nobber and that would have been that. But he chose to escalate the situation first by banging on about the highway code and then with the YouTube comment. Maybe we weren't to expect a 999 call but it was entirely predictable that there could be some reaction.

Has any driver ever modified their behaviour and revised and relearned their driving theory as a result of a cyclist shouting through their window? If so then more power to the shouty cyclists, if not then what's the point?

winjim

Smash the cistern
I know exactly who you mean but I'm not telling... In my opinion the poor fella has some serious issues and needs counselling more than YouTube hits.
He's never still going is he?

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
The cyclist could have taken more care at the 2 minute point when he was faced with the oncoming van. He pushed on regardless at that point when he should have waited.

Top Bottom