Driver confrontation question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
On the other hand, they sometimes have to reap what they sow. I occasionally find myself wondering in what circumstances a middle-class, middle-aged woman would hurl abuse at a unknown male stranger. Would they do it if we bumped into each other in the street while we were on foot? Do they tend to do it if both of us are in cars? Not in my experience. They do it because they get a sense of invulnerability from being in a car while the man is on a bike. I don't think it does any harm sometimes to remind them not to abuse the situation.

Interesting point that. I guess the mindset of some women has changed over the years, after all they are often dealing and "competing" with blokes in work situations.

I have never consciously changed my "abuse" of a driver, based on gender, size etc. Most times I haven't been able to tell the make-up of the driver.

400bhp

Guru
I CBA to watch his other vids, but based on the vid Gaz posted and the one Mikey posted I completely agree.

He needs neutering :angry: An utter arse on a bike.

WTF was he doing throwing something in the BMW drivers car. I think I would have flipped if I was the driver.

Please do have words. :angry:

col

Legendary Member
Just a thought, I have seen a couple of videos where the car driver gets out of the car to have a go at the cyclist (traffic droid has a couple of examples). This seems to be thought of as being really bad, but how is it worse than the cyclist yelling at the driver? Seems like double standards to me
whistling.gif

It is, it normally spells dangerous situation, and you have to stop them before they stop you. Also because they made the move to approach, they are the agressors.

To show I am fair for both sides of the coin, if a cyclist tried to shout at me while driving and tapping on the window complaining I didnt pass far enough away, or whatever some would feel gives them the right to moan and hit my vehicle. Id only ask politely once for them to leave me alone.
And if they even tried to throw something in my window, they would get what ever it was stuffed somewhere it would probably hurt a bit.

d87heaven

.......... Id only ask politely once for them to leave me alone.
And if they even tried to throw something in my window, they would get what ever it was stuffed somewhere it would probably hurt a bit.

So you are saying it's ok to disagree with someones actions and visit violence upon them?

Dan B

Disengaged member
if a cyclist tried to shout at me while driving and tapping on the window complaining I didnt pass far enough away, or whatever some would feel gives them the right to moan and hit my vehicle.

When people knock on your front door at home do you also complain that they're "hitting your house"?

Dan B

Disengaged member
Its a bit pathetic for an example dont you think :biggrin:

It's a pretty good example, I'd have said. Describing someone tapping on your side window to attract your attention as "hitting your vehicle" is unbelievably precious. Is your car made of sugar?

col

Legendary Member
It's a pretty good example, I'd have said. Describing someone tapping on your side window to attract your attention as "hitting your vehicle" is unbelievably precious. Is your car made of sugar?

I didnt know you could get cars made of sugar? :biggrin:
Anyone thinking they can tap anything of mine will be asked once to stop :biggrin:

Dan B

Disengaged member
I didnt know you could get cars made of sugar? :biggrin:

Well if it's not going to dissolve in the rain, then, maybe you should get over yourself and stop blowing a gasket when someone leaves a fingerprint on it

col

Legendary Member
Well if it's not going to dissolve in the rain, then, maybe you should get over yourself and stop blowing a gasket when someone leaves a fingerprint on it

Ok will do, as long as whoever it was that wouldnt stop when I asked nicely would get over my fingerprints on them :biggrin:

d87heaven

So you are saying it's ok to disagree with someones actions and visit violence upon them?

What makes you think Im saying that?

Id only ask politely once for them to leave me alone.

Just wondered what you menat by this bit. Perhaps you meant you would threaten them with some canderel?

Top Bottom