Driver spits....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
You are a master of restraint.... and somewhat disadvantaged by being on a bent.

Had he come running up at me like that......

martint235

Dog on a bike
ianrauk said:
The size of you mate, I can't imagine many people would have come running at you...

I know!!! Life is just so unfair!!! If it'd had been me in BM's place you can guarantee that the driver's window would go up, the phone would disappear and the driver would suddenly find something fascinating to look at directly in front of him, always happens that way. That's why I have to chase them so hard :rolleyes:

As said though it is a shocking piece of film and the guy should be done. Either that or tell me where it was and I'll go and lurk! :biggrin:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
That was awful mate. I wouldn't have dealt with it nearly as well. I'd be the shaky kneed one hidden up round the corner. Report him, and let us know how it plays out.

That was just hilarious when he comes lumbering back round the corner threatening you with his knuckle sandwich - what a twat!

I also liked the cyclists at your side with their heads fixed rigid looking forward.

peteoc

I agree, report the git. As many people have said, well done for being restrained - my reaction would have been to hit him before he hits me :thumbsup: then call the police when you have him pinned on the floor.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bl00dy hell. And to come back for a go. Loads of 'offences' committed there, at least 3 driving ones (phone, dangerous driving, and red light) and an assault...FFS !!

Crankarm

Guru
peteoc said:
I agree, report the git. As many people have said, well done for being restrained - my reaction would have been to hit him before he hits me :thumbsup: then call the police when you have him pinned on the floor.

Unfortunately in the eyes of the police this would have meant them arresting you on suspicion of committing an assault ............

Origamist

Legendary Member
If you want to go for a prosecution, it will need a trip to the police station, I'm sure. Good luck with it.

Did you get any details from the cyclists around you?

Aye, I can never quite understand folk who say they would have hit him first. I have a good job and a family to look after etc. A criminal record would be a disaster for me! Therefore, my default is to never lash out first. Defend, absolutely, and if that means reacting to a punch in such a way that he hits the deck like a tonne of bricks wondering what hit him (yes judo has it's uses) then I will do. :thumbsup:

peteoc

Crankarm said:
Unfortunately in the eyes of the police this would have meant them arresting you on suspicion of committing an assault ............

I think you'll find that the law is on your side, if someone comes running towards you with what you believe is the intent to harm you then you can act in self defence. There are enough witnesses around as the road looks quite busy but also there is the video evidence :thumbsup:

Crankarm

Guru
peteoc said:
I think you'll find that the law is on your side, if someone comes running towards you with what you believe is the intent to harm you then you can act in self defence. There are enough witnesses around as the road looks quite busy but also there is the video evidence :thumbsup:

Indeed, but try telling that to the police when they are about to nick you and haul you down to the station ...........

nich

Urgh, please report it chap. I'd love to have this fella sorted out by the police, he looks like trouble for all road users.

Top Bottom