Driver spits....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HeyWayne

What an utter Cant.

Report him. Walker.

If he can run that fast - why is he out and about in a car? :smile:

(Yes I know its a van and probably carries oh so important equipment).

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
magnatom said:
I would, if I were you, consider in the future if making comments about mobile phones all the time, is a good idea (I'm sure you don't comment all the time, do you?)

I only comment very rarely these days, and when I do it is usually it is via hand signals (not rude of course) and a shake of the head, rather than a comment. It seems that by doing it, you are causing more agrro for yourself. Just my 2p.

I agree that that was an apalling reaction from the driver but also I agree that you are making yourself a target with the constant phone comments which seems to irrate certain nutcases. Yes it is wrong and yes it is dangerous but at the end of the day the police / courts are the only ones who are ever going to be able to stop their use.

I do worry that one day some plank is going to take real offence and use their car as the weapon.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ive not watched it yet, but from peoples posts I'd have probly hit him. You have got better anger management skills than me.

But then again you probly did provoke a reaction (again not watched it yet so sorry if im wrong) just a shame the reaction was so disgusting.

alvintc

Veteran
Geez.. I agree with the other's prosecute all the way.

nilling said:
Self-defense? Just make sure you get Steven Gerrard's lawyer :smile:

Truly disgusting individual and road menace :sad:

I don't think Gerrard is disgusting.. an overpaid fairy yes, but I think that of all footballers :biggrin:

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Agree with 4F - you do invite them Mikey with your phone comments.

Unless you're the police, I'd ignore and get on with it.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Watched the video, If this had been me, I'd have been off the bike and ready to hit him as soon as I saw him jogging back round towards me (I'll be honest, I'd have hit him as soon as he got within reach). I recon he was going to hit you and then saw the camera!

But like others said, you did provoke it somewhat.

martint235

Dog on a bike
magnatom said:
Aye, I can never quite understand folk who say they would have hit him first. I have a good job and a family to look after etc. A criminal record would be a disaster for me! Therefore, my default is to never lash out first. Defend, absolutely, and if that means reacting to a punch in such a way that he hits the deck like a tonne of bricks wondering what hit him (yes judo has it's uses) then I will do. :biggrin:

My view and what I believe to be the legal view is that as soon as he raises his hand in a gesture threatening violence towards me, I am allowed to use the necessary amount of force required to prevent him performing that act. Therefore I wouldn't dish out a beating (that would be assault) but I would hit him with enough force that he didn't feel like hitting me anymore. (I had a somewhat mis-spent youth!! :smile:)

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think just the going in front of him would have been enough to get him to do something violent even if I hadn't said a word. At least he knew there was a video camera, which stopped him from doing anything more serious. He's the sort of driver you hope never to meet in traffic.

I provoked it? I invited it? I think not, that is contemptible posting. There is no excuse for that behaviour, ever. Nor for you suggesting it's my fault.

crumpetman

Rob3rt said:
But like others said, you did provoke it somewhat.

I do not think it is fair to say that the van driver was provoked. "Put the phone down mate" or whatever he said is not a provocation.

But I agree that BM could probably have avoided the situation by not mentioning the phone.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
BentMikey said:
I think just the going in front of him would have been enough to get him to do something violent even if I hadn't said a word. At least he knew there was a video camera, which stopped him from doing anything more serious. He's the sort of driver you hope never to meet in traffic.

I provoked it? I invited it? I think not, that is contemptible posting. There is no excuse for that behaviour, ever. Nor for you suggesting it's my fault.

I'd have been all in favour of you give him a beatdown tbh.

Not suggesting its your fault, BUT....... you snapped him on the phone, you could submit this to the police and its up to them to deal with criminals. But you decide to tell him yourself, which provoked a unfavourable response.

Guvnor

Any copper would see you putting this mug on his arse as a clear act of self defence. You already showed restraint after he went for you in his car, then again when he spat at you. So when he runs at you with clenched fists you would be well within your rights to stick one on his chin. I bet my life that you would win in court also. You've definetley got more restraint than me mate. I think i would have wrapped my bike round his nut!

Top Bottom