Driver spits....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Twiggy

Dear oh dear, that's rather sickening.
Spitting can spread so many things, so many nasty things. Using a vehical to threaten too, that's nasty, then after running a red light coming back to hit you, before realising there are too many witnesses and a camera running and thinking better of it....

Gah, anyone who can't control their temper to that degree shouldn't be on the road, they should be getting help, CBT might help this individual, or ECT if that doesn't work. :rolleyes:

lit

I provoked it? I invited it? I think not, that is contemptible posting. There is no excuse for that behaviour, ever. Nor for you suggesting it's my fault.
Provoked is most probably the wrong word but sometimes disrection is the better part of valour, if I see someone on the phone whilst driving I tend to keep out their way and just make a note of their number etc etc and report if to roadsafe later on (though I assume they can't issue fines/points etc based on third party reports).

This guy would have probably kicked off however you said it but this really was like stiring a wasps nest so to speak. If I was in your shoes I would have just made sure it was on film and left it at that.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I'm quite happy with my filtering there, thanks, it's the A2 in rush hour and a Zimzum special. You'd wait around forever if you didn't filter. Besides, on the occasions the traffic was a little clearer I was up to 25 each time. The only reason the truck got a little further ahead was because I was delayed talking to monkey granddad.

Jezston

Über Member
Mikey - so have you reported him to the police yet? As others have said, the guy needs to be charged, and you'll need to report it asap. The most you can get out of Roadsafe would be a thank you letter from what I've read.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
Nasty weirdo... obviously has major issues. I'm feel that he needs professional help urgently for his own safety and that of others.

Well done for capturing it on film and keeping your cool BM

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Jezston said:
Mikey - so have you reported him to the police yet? As others have said, the guy needs to be charged, and you'll need to report it asap. The most you can get out of Roadsafe would be a thank you letter from what I've read.

Not yet, but I'm going to. Roadsafe are pretty good actually - they're not about penalties, but are trying to change behaviour through letters. I think Gaz was impressed with them, and they've certainly been willing to engage with me. They encouraged me to report this one as assault, btw.

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
LMAO! Yeah, you could be right. I'm often told how I should get a car, usually by some chav-inna-jalopy that's worth less than my front wheel.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
BentMikey said:
I'm quite happy with my filtering there, thanks, it's the A2 in rush hour and a Zimzum special. You'd wait around forever if you didn't filter. Besides, on the occasions the traffic was a little clearer I was up to 25 each time. The only reason the truck got a little further ahead was because I was delayed talking to monkey granddad.

Mikey, you're pretty happy with everything you do and that's fine. If I filter in that manner I would be well aware that I was liable to cause offence. That doesn't mean I don't do it but I'd maybe attempt some 'charm', rather than a lecture, to ease my cutting back in.

It's probably best you're not in a car as you display a lot of the attitudes that lead to poor driving as well.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
Not yet, but I'm going to. Roadsafe are pretty good actually - they're not about penalties, but are trying to change behaviour through letters. I think Gaz was impressed with them, and they've certainly been willing to engage with me. They encouraged me to report this one as assault, btw.

Very much so. If you listen to them, use the system appropriately and have a good manor then they are very friendly and they want to help.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Like BM, I don't worry too much about filtering in front or cars in most high-density traffic scenarios, but I would be more circumspect when plonking myself directly in front of a driver I'd just chastised for using his mobile. I'm cautious in that respect.

I personally don't push forward when there are only a few cars ahead. I don't see it gains me any advantage and it tends to avoid situations where drivers get annoyed/grumpy etc. Better to sit in primary a few cars back rather than to sit primary'ish near one car back, in my opinion.

taxing

Spitting is disgusting. It would have been one thing for him to tell you to mind your own business, but spitting? Urgh.

Top Bottom