Driver spits....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Moodyman said:
Agree with 4F - you do invite them Mikey with your phone comments.

Unless you're the police, I'd ignore and get on with it.

Not really.

Police aren't going to bother, and there is less of them than the general Public.

And it's us that stand to lose out because of these drivers.

This would be "inviting" as much as pointing it out to anyone that is doing something illegal.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The ONLY legal justification for assault is when defending yourself.

Spitting at someone and threatening them because they mentioned you were commiting an offence are no justifications for gobbing at someone (assault) and threatening them S5/S4 POA.

crumpetman said:
Pointing out to someone that they are doing something illegal and dangerous to their own safety and those around them IS NOT a provocation. If BM had said something abusive to the van man or something unrelated to the phone usage then yes that would be a provocation.

Just because something bad happens after you speak to someone it does not automatically mean that you provoked them.
Its not provocation for any sane person but he was a nutter, being on a bike is enough provocation for some nutters ;). Personally I'd rather not risk the comment but if BM wants to, its his prerogative; the van driver was well out of order.

Vincealot

I didnt expect him to come running back like that. I know I'm the nicest person in the world but in my proffesion I'd of reacted to such a threat of voilence and used some of my mma/grappling moves on his ass!

Well done tho mikey for keeping your cool. Spitting is the worst kind of assualt. He could be ridden with disease! I've worked as a steward at various footy grounds eg Old trafford, wembely and I've unfortunatly been spat at quite a few times. Oh I forgot while working at an Oasis concert I got piss in a cup thrown at me also ;)

IMO mike did nothing wrong, apart maybe from pulling in front of the driver, as when he asked the guy to put his phone down he could not have forseen what the out come of his request would be. I also think that you showed remarkable restraint when he returned and threatened you. As everybody says report it and keep on at the police until you get a result.

sheddy

Legendary Member
I think this video is a candidate for that Rudetube(?) TV programme (not exactly sure what its called)

That's awful mate...Im on your side...Im fed up with these mobile phone wielding idiots.

I class that sort of behaviour worse than red light jumping as it compromises everybodies safety.

Mick

You have to report it - if for no other reason than to see whether the Police are really that bothered about crime against the person. Personally I think the UK has been lost to the neanderthal knuckle draggers but since a cull would not meet HMG approval (well, not that they'd publicly admit), you do have a duty to defend the higher ground. And seeing as you're giving them pretty solid evidence... I did try to check the MID to see if white-van-man's mobile cave was insured but that part of the site is currently down for maintenance.

Tynan

Veteran
That footage is convincing for me, and BM was there after all as a witness

Driving on a mobile is an offence that endangers others, civic duty to do something about it

Tynan said:
That footage is convincing for me, and BM was there after all as a witness

Driving on a mobile is an offence that endangers others, civic duty to do something about it

They should clamp down on it because it's not acceptable...not doing anything is sending out the wrong signals.;)

Top Bottom