Driver spits....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ste T.

Guru
All in all I think you got off light mate. I'll say two words. Kenneth Noye. Knifed a man to death because he saw the guy shaking his head at him after he(Noye) cut him up at a junction.
These mental cases are amongst us all the time and I'm suprised we don't have encounters like this more often.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ste T. said:
All in all I think you got off light mate. I'll say two words. Kenneth Noye. Knifed a man to death because he saw the guy shaking his head at him after he(Noye) cut him up at a junction.
These mental cases are amongst us all the time and I'm suprised we don't have encounters like this more often.

Good point. If I remember correctly, Kenneth Noye, after he murdered the motorist, managed to have his motor "disappeared" by his dodgy pals before fleeing to Spain where he lived for some considerable while before he was ultimately fingered and brought to justice. There are some very strange people out there. The spitter is one of them.

Please do your best to nail him.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Noye himself is a bit of a red-herring here. It wasn't really a road-rage attack at all: the victim was known to him, and it was actually a drugs war thing. But it suited both defence and prosecution to keep these facts from the jury (the prosecution felt sympathy for the victim would be reduced if it was known he was a drug dealer, and the defence felt that the jury would be more likely to convict if they knew there was bad blood between the two men), so it was reported as a road-rage incident.

But that doesn't alter the fact that there are nutters out there who will casually knife someone over the slightest thing, including road-rage incidents:
http://search.bbc.co.uk/search?go=toolbar&q=motorist+stabbed

Reporting people with video evidence makes sense, but confronting them and insulting them is certainly not without risk.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
Sorry for being late, in on this one...computer problems..

Anyway BM Report please.....you really need to find a cycling friendly copper local to you....make some enquiries...Magnatom you could do with the same really!

Stephen-D said:
WOW man, the restraint you have, if I saw him coming round the corner running straight at with a clenched fist it would have been tempted to smack him one first.

Good on you, disgusting individual who needs taught a lesson, I would definitely report him.

I fully agree, although I can't view the video, it would appear there is more than one offence here!

Crankarm said:
The fact that he came back to you, clearly shows he wanted to intimidate you so possibly a public order offence s.5?

Report it but I shouldn't think the police will do anything ........ as you are a cyclist, well recumbent rider actually.

Not Section 5. It's an assault. He doesn't actually have to hit you to commit an assault. If he hits you it's Battery.
Crank, the only reason the local Police won't do anything is because of that funny accent BM has, nothing to do with him being on two wheels..;)

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
crumpetman said:
Pointing out to someone that they are doing something illegal and dangerous to their own safety and those around them IS NOT a provocation.

You are absolutely correct if addressing a sane and normal person.

However when addressing a nutter as this bloke certainly was you never know what reaction you are going to get. I have had a fruitcake jump out of the car and come running down the road shouting "you ******** come here" just for a sarcastic "thanks" after he cut me up.

4F said:
You are absolutely correct if addressing a sane and normal person.

However when addressing a nutter as this bloke certainly was you never know what reaction you are going to get. I have had a fruitcake jump out of the car and come running down the road shouting "you ******** come here" just for a sarcastic "thanks" after he cut me up.

Unfortunately they don't have "nutter" tattooed on their foreheads and "hazardous driver" or "flammable temper" warning signs on the back of their vehicle so one doesn't find out until after addressing them

martynjc1977

Veteran
The driver needs some help with his anger issues, and spitting is just wrong. Think you where lucky the guy restrained himself from getting physical he looked on the edge. As for winding the guy up I personally see nothing wrong in pointing out that using the phone is illegal, but it was probably the final thing that pushed the guy to the next level, Think you just need to be carefull who you speak to when your out and about Mikey, you never know someones state of mind at that time and what they will do when pushed.

Evilcat

Late into this. Spitting is not just wrong, it is assault. The guy needs a visit from the police pronto.

EC

Tynan

Veteran
making someone think they might be attacked is assault

test case was someone giving a copper evils through a closed window

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Yep - Lothian Buses drivers are issued with 'spit kits' so the police can DNA-test the saliva to help in catching & charging the offender with assault.

g00se

Veteran
goo_mason said:
Yep - Lothian Buses drivers are issued with 'spit kits' so the police can DNA-test the saliva to help in catching & charging the offender with assault.

Reminds me of a good 15-20 years ago - I was once in a bus where the driver pulled up by the kerb, waited for a bunch of lads to walk past, opened the door and spat at them from the drivers seat! Then closed the doors and carried on with his route....

User3143 said:
He did, Ian got it spot on. Making a comment like that and then pulling in front of the driver you are just asking for trouble. He didn't run a red light either. He was already through it.

Why filter only two vehicles in front? ;)

Do you always have to filter to the front? Is that even safe? Look at the space of the next "move" ahead, box van and car - the gap isn't great + motorbike in front.

I can see what you are trying to say about pulling in front, but it still does nothing to invite being assaulted. They weren't moving so it isn't "being cut up".

Maybe he didn't run a red light, but he ran an amber - he even accelerated away whilst it was on amber so never intended to stop (iirc it can be an offence to go through an amber light, although realistically not enforced - would prefer someone else to confirm this).

Top Bottom