Driver spits....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Assault. Police.

potsy

Rambler
What a disgusting excuse for a human being that was,I'd definately take that one further BM,thought you were gonna get hit then too.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
What a nice man.
Driving whilst on phone was what started his abuse I suppose. After he'd gone throught the red light where did he park? Was he on double yellows or pavement? If not assault for the spitting deffo. Threatening behaviour, RLJ, possible parking violation on top. You could see from your rear view cam he was intimidating you.

Report him, no question. Assault. the fact that he also went around the corner and got back out to confront you again, seals the deal for me. Whatever is coming his way, he fully deserves.

I would, if I were you, consider in the future if making comments about mobile phones all the time, is a good idea (I'm sure you don't comment all the time, do you?)

I only comment very rarely these days, and when I do it is usually it is via hand signals (not rude of course) and a shake of the head, rather than a comment. It seems that by doing it, you are causing more agrro for yourself. Just my 2p.

Martok

Klingon on a bike
Shocking behaviour! :rolleyes:

Yes, you must report this idiot. Driving whilst using the phone, jumping a red light, threatening behaviour, assault... The police should be interested in this.

Stephen-D

WOW man, the restraint you have, if I saw him coming round the corner running straight at with a clenched fist it would have been tempted to smack him one first.

Good on you, disgusting individual who needs taught a lesson, I would definitely report him.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Stephen-D said:
WOW man, the restraint you have, if I saw him coming round the corner running straight at with a clenched fist it would have been tempted to smack him one first.

Good on you, disgusting individual who needs taught a lesson, I would definitely report him.

Yep although it's not a good or legally acceptable response, I'm with Stephen. If he'd come running at me, I'd have just smacked him. Well done for your restraint and definitely take it further. He shouldn't be allowed out.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
The size of you mate, I can't imagine many people would have come running at you...

martint235 said:
Yep although it's not a good or legally acceptable response, I'm with Stephen. If he'd come running at me, I'd have just smacked him. Well done for your restraint and definitely take it further. He shouldn't be allowed out.

Crankarm

Guru
I am sure it was pretty scary, but does your camera footage clearly show him using his mobile phone whilst driving? The image is a bit dark so it is hard to tell. Also re the spitting which if he did is an absolutely filthy disgusting thing to do purely on hygiene grounds, the footage only seems to show his lips pursing as if to spit, not any actual spit flying through the air at you, unless I missed it. The fact that he came back to you, clearly shows he wanted to imtimidate you so possibly a public order offence s.5?

Report it but I shouldn't think the police will do anything ........ as you are a cyclist, well recumbent rider actually.

Defy78

It's laughable, the irony of not having enough time to stop to make his call or to stop for a red light but then parking up round the corner to have a go.

People like this really don't seem to think they are doing anything wrong, maybe he needs you to report him to give him a wake up call.

Top Bottom