Driver tries to kill cyclist, hits building.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
No doubt the perp will get off with some piffling charge, but their insurance company should have a perfect get-of-paying excuse as they insure against accidents not deliberate acts. Even better, I think they can re-claim their 3rd party payout to the shop-owner from the driver too.

Sods_Laur

Sadly I suspect the fact the car driver will only get charged with driving without due care and attention and the fact the cyclist allegedly kicked the car beforehand will serve as mitigation.

5 points and £250 fine. I hope their insurance company refuses to pay out.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Judges who know about best cycling practise.

now that's crazy talk

Sara_H

Guru
Reading between the lines of the Road.cc article, it's the cyclist thats been arrested, not the driver.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Reading between the lines of the Road.cc article, it's the cyclist thats been arrested, not the driver.

Unless there was some other attack by the cyclist that hasn't been reported, I'd say kicking a car wouldn't justify an arrest for attempted GBH.

GC

Sara_H

Guru
Something is odd. The witness was sure the driver was a woman, but a man has been arrested. Either it was the cyclist, or the witness' testimony is worth nothing.
Or there was a male passenger. Either way, if the information in the report is correct, it isn't the driver that's been arrested.

Top Bottom