Driver tries to kill cyclist, hits building.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I just summoned up the strength to have a peek at the Daily Mail readers' comments.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...salon-road-rage-crash-jailed-three-years.html

They mainly seemed to concentrate on her fertility and didn't seem too critical of the cyclist, by and large. The general level of anger was a bit of a surprise.

I know it's hard to resist, and I had to try hard, but remember, each time you click on the daily mail, or other click-bate hate article, you are literally giving them money

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I know it's hard to resist, and I had to try hard, but remember, each time you click on the daily mail, or other click-bate hate article, you are literally giving them money
We all deserve a little treat every once in a while.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yes, I sense a disturbance among the readers. It's a woman in an expensive car who has lots of children versus a cyclist so for Mail readers it's like choosing between a gay asylum seeker and someone who's on benefits and had a boob job.
"A disturbance amongst the readers...."? A disturbance would be quite a good collective noun for that lot.

The Bear

Über Member
Quite encouraged by the Daily Mail comments tbh. Bearing in mind we're talking about the most stupid people in the UK here, it's reassurring that even these thickos generally had sympathy for the cyclist and contempt for the driver.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
[QUOTE 3993194, member: 9609"]These ugly monstrous vehicles are sadly highly desired, the thought that you can own and drive one while being on benefits is presumably too much to take (btw I have no idea if she is on benefits or not)[/QUOTE]
I imagine that the entire readership of the DM must be on statins.

Cubist

Still wavin'
For a start, it's the vehicle that's taxed. It's the vehicle that's insured too, insofar as one takes out a policy to cover a certain vehicle for one or more named drivers.
ANPR cameras are a thing.
ANPR cameras are often mounted on police vehicles, and the status of the car in terms of tax, MOT, insurance AND the licence status of the registered keeper, or persons linked to the vehicle by intelligence will set of an alert to a control room for static cameras, and to the driver of a mobile ANPR equipped vehicle. It can and often is dealt with in real time, so nowhere to hide under those circumstances. Big Brother and all that.......

Profpointy

Legendary Member
re: daily mail: I recall a rather splendid Victor Meldrew line where someone had mentioned "conservative with a small 'c' " Medrew's reposte "that'sa bit like saying Dr Goebells was a nazi with a small 'n' "

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Stupid cow.

If she'd stopped the car, got out and kicked the cyclist in the nuts she wouldn't have gone to prison.

Top Bottom