Drivers Beware! The Cycling Vigilante is after you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The comments are supportive of the cyclist. It's peoples' sons, daughters, fathers and mothers who are getting killed by these idiots. Twelve dead people last year, killed by idiots nattering trivial rubbish on their phone or fiddling with facebook or generally dicking around at the wheel.

G3CWI

Veteran
I was glad when we parted company at the end of the ride and I have not been out with him since.

You lasted to the end? Well done. On the very rare occasions that I have cycled with complete **ssers I have been known to give them a bit of a lead before sprinting off sharply in the other direction.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Shall we send the picture of his bike with no rear reflectors or pedal reflectors to police witness?

I'm going for bullied at school, hence the need to try and feel like the righteous big man by confronting people.

If he's so indignant, so pro safety, so law oriented why doesn't he submit his footage discretely?

A) reflector is irrelevant during the day. Is he actually riding that bike, maybe the light he uses incorporate a reflector (as many do)

B) Having been turned away from the copshop with video evidence I can see why he goes through a third party. I'm not aware if the third party here can make any difference but a few newspaper articles might, shame its the Mail though. They go bat-sh*t over things like this.

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
The latest 'IS' story in the DM got 300 comments. This bloke had 1800 from infuriated, irresponsible, hard done to motorists who would more than likely whine like a biyatch if they come of worse in an incident involving careless/dangerous drivers....but strangely don't want said drivers confronted, outed to police, stopped from breaking law etc by some 'bloody cyclist'

boydj

Legendary Member
The Mail article was pretty fair and generally supportive. If the rider restricted himself to filming the miscreants and submitting the footage,that would be a good example for more to follow, particularly since the footage goes through a third party. However confronting the drivers is a waste of time and effort and unlikely to change the behaviour that's been filmed.

"Smile" ^_^

1412555224198_wps_79_dave_sherry.jpg

User269

A cyclist in Harlow is catching drivers on cam mainly talking on the phone. He then sends the footage to a private company called Police Witness who then pass it on to the Police who decide whether to prosecute. Have you seen him @compo?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anding-evidence-police-And-popular-ain-t.html
Serving our community by doing one of the jobs we pay the police to do. Good for hime.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Are the confrontations needless or just inevitable? Should we always shy away from doing the right thing because it may result in confrontation?

His local plod in Harlow could equip a PCSO with a camera and do this fella's "job" for him. Nice little earner and good for road safety. But they don't. Why not? Hereabouts I'm told because it isn't a community concern...

Drago

Legendary Member
They're both needless and inevitable. Confront people (needlessly) often enough and you'll get into grief.

One can only speculate, but the article intimates this gent has had frequent confrontations and more than one physical altercation, which raises questions in my mind as to his verbal approach.

You could be right about your last paragraph Cuno. In times of austerity community policing resources are not only dwindling, but are supposed to be driven by the public. There'll be consultation of some form (via the website is a favourite, as is canvassing victims of crime) and the top 3 of these are supposed to be selected quarterly. Parking and speeding are regular top 3 concerns here in Westshire, although parking was decriminalised here 12 years ago and we no longer retain the powers to enforce , but mobile phone use has never been nominated by the public as a priority here.

compo

Veteran
Are the confrontations needless or just inevitable? Should we always shy away from doing the right thing because it may result in confrontation?

His local plod in Harlow could equip a PCSO with a camera and do this fella's "job" for him. Nice little earner and good for road safety. But they don't. Why not? Hereabouts I'm told because it isn't a community concern...

This is Harlow. The PCSO would have his bike nicked before issuing his first ticket.

Top Bottom