Drivers Beware! The Cycling Vigilante is after you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Have you not had to deal with the aftermath of a collision where the driver was likely to be on the phone?

Marky, read my posts again. As a cyclist, occasional car driver and mobile phone hater I have no issue with the filming. This I have already stated quite clearly.

It's the need to start confrontations with strangers In the street that i object to. It pointless, time wasting and dangerous.

Marky, read my posts again. As a cyclist, occasional car driver and mobile phone hater I have no issue with the filming. This I have already stated quite clearly.

It's the need to start confrontations with strangers In the street that i object to. It pointless, time wasting and dangerous.
Ok, which happens more frequently - collisions from mobile talking or road-rage? Which has the greater consequences in your experience?

compo

Veteran
A cyclist in Harlow is catching drivers on cam mainly talking on the phone. He then sends the footage to a private company called Police Witness who then pass it on to the Police who decide whether to prosecute. Have you seen him @compo?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anding-evidence-police-And-popular-ain-t.html

I went out for a ride out with him and another friend one day. It was the first time I had met him. I very quickly got tired of his antics. Apart from his cameras he has an airzound which he blasts then yells out the reg number of the errant car. I was convinced he deliberately put himself into situations designed to cause road problems for drivers. I cannot argue with some of what he does when filming deliberate acts of dangerous driving but he seems to be a bit of an obsessive. I was glad when we parted company at the end of the ride and I have not been out with him since.

Drago

Legendary Member
Road rage, by quite a margin. I've been involved with one death from that, several serious assault injuries, many more minor fisticuffs induced cuts and bruises. That's my personal experience.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Another sad tw@t who will only give cyclists a bad name
You cant give something which is already there and has a fundamental foundation of cyclists being law breakers and dangerous in all efforts to hold you up. I doubt it will be broken soon either

Hip Priest

Veteran
He's on here isn't he? Username is Sueperb or something. Might be wrong.

I agree with Drago. I haven't got the stats, but if you're confronting motorists on a daily basis, you chance of being killed or seriously injured by a road rager is significantly higher than your chance of being in a collision with a car.

He's already been put on hid backside by some meathead in a van. It isn't worth it.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
So he's not just filming and passing on the footage, but making a scene and confronting people?

Oh.

That's gonna end up costing the NHS a whole heap of money.

Top Bottom