Drivers Beware! The Cycling Vigilante is after you.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Bullied at school, too much time on his hands, or both?

Drago

Legendary Member
Shall we send the picture of his bike with no rear reflectors or pedal reflectors to police witness?

I'm going for bullied at school, hence the need to try and feel like the righteous big man by confronting people.

If he's so indignant, so pro safety, so law oriented why doesn't he submit his footage discretely?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Shall we send the picture of his bike with no rear reflectors or pedal reflectors to police witness?

I'm going for bullied at school, hence the need to try and feel like the righteous big man by confronting people.

If he's so indignant, so pro safety, so law oriented why doesn't he submit his footage discretely?
Doesn't this make your job easier, significantly less work. Push some paper and get your area stats up?

Why is there a requirement to be discret. Bad article but I'm sure many will read it and they may just think maybe it's not just the police I have to be on the look for.

Drago

Legendary Member
Stats? The home office has forbidden the use of numeric performance indicators for individual bobbies as it precludes then use of discretion.

And how does sparking off public order incidents make a bobbies life any easier? How does being off work for a month because he wound up some Muppet help his family? Being righteous doesn't stop the likes of Kenneth Noye sticking a knife in you.

I'm not against the filming one iota. No issue with that at all. Its the need to get into barneys with people which is dangerous at best, small man syndrome at worst.

MisterStan

Label Required
Bullied at school, too much time on his hands, or both?
Amazing attitude from a serving Police Officer!

Drago

Legendary Member
You think a police officer being against people starting confrontations in public is a bad thing?

I'm considerably bigger than this gent and I don't do it. Why risk injury - or death - and cause police time to be spent investigating assaults that are utterly avoidable?

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Interestingly on the comments page people are mostly negative. They turn the thing around and rant about how badly behaved cyclists are and shouldn't he be out filming them!

Reactions: _aD
You think a police officer being against people starting confrontations in public is a bad thing?

I'm considerably bigger than this gent and I don't do it. Why risk injury - or death - and cause police time to be spent investigating assaults that are utterly avoidable?
Have you not had to deal with the aftermath of a collision where the driver was likely to be on the phone?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Interestingly on the comments page people are mostly negative. They turn the thing around and rant about how badly behaved cyclists are and shouldn't he be out filming them!
you will find that most will be drivers who use there phone and it's easy to turn at point to attack a minority then the accept the bigger beast is just as bad. I find that for drivers acknowledging wrong on a grand scale is unacceptable. Motorists do no wrong seems to be the accepted view
AA did a survey were a majority said they drive or text on there phone more than once a month. This to me shows there to be a chronic problem which is not being tackled as it's never changed

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
you will find that most will be drivers who use there phone and it's easy to turn at point to attack a minority then the accept the bigger beast is just as bad. I find that for drivers acknowledging wrong on a grand scale is unacceptable. Motorists do no wrong seems to be the accepted view
AA did a survey were a majority said they drive or text on there phone more than once a month. This to me shows there to be a chronic problem which is not being tackled as it's never changed
Which is all the more incomprehensible when most phones now have voice controlled dialing and Bluetooth remote headsets and the like are so cheap.

Top Bottom