Drivers have zero patience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
The driver bottled it and swerved back in line behind me, leading to the sound of angry horns from other cars behind, who all had to anchor up. Total numpty.
And the other drivers who could see he wasn’t going to make it and should have held back. Sometimes I think they all learn to drive on Grand Theft Auto.

Nothing makes me drive at the speed limit (or 1 or 2 mph below it) than a tail-gating bar steward.

I do find that driving a 10-year old Land Rover Discovery (which has an impressive turn of speed and acceleration when needed) makes them think twice about getting TOO close.....

Indeed, its amazing how chicken these folks suddenly become when faced with the prospect of 2 1/4 tonnes of steel through their screen and in their lap.

The Disco is closer to 3.5 tonnes. A fantastic car - and looks even better with the bikes hanging off the back on a cycle carrier.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Indeed, its amazing how chicken these folks suddenly become when faced with the prospect of 2 1/4 tonnes of steel through their screen and in their lap.

Unfortunately, the unwanted side effect of having crumple zones and airbags and all the other safety shoot fitted into modern cars is that muppets just use it as a protective force field to enable them to drive like complete c***s without killing themselves.
Personally, I'd do away with all of it barring basic seatbelts, and just let them die when they crash at high speeds into immovable objects. We need some enforcement of Darwin's law to eradicate these idiots before they get the opportunity to reproduce.

Badger_Boom

Über Member
Unfortunately, the unwanted side effect of having crumple zones and airbags and all the other safety shoot fitted into modern cars is that muppets just use it as a protective force field to enable them to drive like complete c***s without killing themselves.
Personally, I'd do away with all of it barring basic seatbelts, and just let them die when they crash at high speeds into immovable objects. We need some enforcement of Darwin's law to eradicate these idiots before they get the opportunity to reproduce.
The problem with that is that the real motoring idiots are rarely the ones left dead or injured, even without the mod cons.

DSK

The police can only do so much with all the cut back and big wigs placing priorities.

Its OK having speed cameras and personally I find even in average speed camera's zones you still get twats swerving in /out and just slowing for the camera. This invites all the criminals to clone plates/cars and get away with their activity. Sadly, we don't hear about it much (meaning that the authorities have sweet f*ck all intention to do anything about it) but cloned plates/vehicles are out there in astronomical numbers, anything common is likely top get cloned, even by the most innocent looking faces. Another reason why I drive some really rare stuff.

Sadly, no matter how many initiatives such as cameras and god knows what, the roads will continue to get worse and more aggressive.

Nigelnightmare

Über Member
I like to think it was coincidence, but if you’re convinced then drop the car and driver details in to the guardroom and maybe prevent something worse happening next time. (I’m sure you already know that not everyone who lives in a garrison town is a ‘squaddie’, and not al soldiers are idiots.)
And assaulting a civilian carries an immediate MP arrest, holding cell + charges. That goes for verbal assault as well as physical.

MP's are known for the laid back easy going attitude to their work.:whistle: and will only hospitalise you if you resist.;)

screenman

Legendary Member
Came across a very impatitent cyclist one afternoon last week, he sped up to get past a 3 cars waiting at temporary traffic lights and then proceeded to cycle the whole 1/4 of a mile at 10mph, personally if I had been on my bike I would have let the 3 cars go through first.

RichardB

Slightly retro
Came across a very impatitent cyclist one afternoon last week, he sped up to get past a 3 cars waiting at temporary traffic lights and then proceeded to cycle the whole 1/4 of a mile at 10mph, personally if I had been on my bike I would have let the 3 cars go through first.
Sadly, there are dicks in all walks of life. That was dickish (and reflects badly on the rest of us). Like you, I would have let the cars past and gone on my own sweet way.

tyred

Legendary Member
I was out in the car quite early this morning when there was not much traffic around and I stopped in a perfectly controlled manner at a red traffic light and was sitting stationary. A split second later, out of the corner of my eye I spotted this blue thing in the driver's door mirror which just skimmed my rear quarter panel, missing me by inches and I watched as this Renault Megane shot passed me and stopped halfway across the junction, forcing a Corsa which was legally going with the green light to take avoiding action. Thankfully the Corsa driver was on the ball.

I suppose it could have been brake failure but I suspect it was more likely to have been caused by eyesight failure or ability to read the road and pay attention failure.

The ironic thing was the "baby on board, please drive carefully" sticker on the back window of the Megane....

I definitely would not have fancied being rear-ended at that speed.:ohmy:

classic33

Leg End Member
If these type pf people are in such a hurry, why have they time to stop to have an argument?

A few years ago, I was driving a tractor and trailer (a 1970s Zetor so probably ~15mph top speed) on a narrow road when a red Golf came up behind me continuously sounding the horn and flashing the headlamps. Perhaps about 100 yards up the road there was a place on my left where a new house was being built and the hedge had been taken away so I'd thought I'd pull in there and let the idiot go. I pulled in and stopped and as I had done so I realised the Golf had disappeared. I saw it as it had pulled into a house on the right. Clearly someone was so impatient that they took offence at me delaying them for a few seconds on the final few yards of their journey. I often thought that if I'd been cycling at the same speed at the same place, the Golf driver would have forced past even though there wouldn't have been space but with the tractor he was never going to do something like that as several tons of ancient Czech tractor would have done an excellent re-styling job on his little VW.:becool:
One reason I let a tractor get past as soon as it's safe. Less chance anything will attempt an overtake, and oncoming traffic has to slow or stop on narrower roads.

One idiot, in a New Holland with front loader, was lucky last week. If he'd had to stop, he'd have turned it turtle, in his race to get to the road narrowing.

Top Bottom