Driving instructor using mobile.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out in the car earlier, waiting in a queue of traffic at some traffic lights.
I read a nice "keep back, you were a learner once" sign on the tailgate of the driving school car in front.
I noticed one occupant in the car, so i thought "that must be the instructor".

Anyway, looking at their interior mirror i couldn't help notice their eyes constantly dropping
to something in their lap ... isn't it against the law to be using a mobile device whilst driving?
(Including when stationary).

So basically we have a driving school taking the moral high ground with a sign on the rear, but then
setting a poor example by dropping eyes to their mobile. :wacko:

Next time you're out cycling/driving look towards the eyes of motorists in the opposing lane, i bet one car
in every twenty is being driven by someone staring at their lap!!

Bit scary that, when you're cycling along, because a phone-watcher might not notice the car
they're following moving across for a cyclist ... and BANG! :B)

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
You should ring them up, and ask for lessons in the best way to use a mobile while driving... when they say that it's illegal - give 'em the date, time and reg number!

lulubel

Über Member
Driving instructors are some of the worst offenders for mobile phone use while driving, particularly the independents who manage their own bookings and don't want to miss a call from a potential new pupil. I saw a lot of it when I was an instructor.

Top Bottom