Why Aren't You Using the Cycle Lane Incident

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Just about to conclude my commute home by bike and the last stretch is a newly laid tarmac minor road which has a cycle path on the opposite side.

I was then joined by a car who levelled up to me and asked the usual, un-educated "Why Aren't You Using the Cycle Lane".

What then ensued was attempts to block me, then being repeatedly chased down.

I think I will copy the page out of the highway code and stick it through their window

https://www.highwaycodeuk.co.uk/rul...s are marked by,your journey safer and easier.

Cycle Routes and Other Facilities. Cycle lanes are marked by a white line (which may be broken) along the carriageway (see Rule 140). Use facilities such as cycle lanes and tracks, advanced stop lines and toucan crossings (see Rules 62 and 73) where they make your journey safer and easier. This will depend on your experience and skills and the situation at the time. While such facilities are provided for reasons of safety, cyclists may exercise their judgement and are not obliged to use them.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
Just about to conclude my commute home by bike and the last stretch is a newly laid tarmac minor road which has a cycle path on the opposite side.

I was then joined by a car who levelled up to me and asked the usual, un-educated "Why Aren't You Using the Cycle Lane".

What then ensued was attempts to block me, then being repeatedly chased down.

I think I will copy the page out of the highway code and stick it through their window

Do you have a video camera? If so, save the footage, and send it to the police.

Drago

Legendary Member
My usual response is to first check they're not bigger than me - which is fortunately rare - and then issue a resounding, "f*** off, c***."

Having completed my usual, preplanned, response scenario I then forget the worthless little turd ever existed and carry on my merry way.

People of that level of subterranean calibre deserve only the most rudimentary of acknowledgement.

OP
OP
Rooster1

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
My usual response is to first check they're not bigger than me - which is fortunately rare - and then issue a resounding, "f*** off, c***."

Having completed my usual, preplanned, response scenario I then forget the worthless little turd ever existed and carry on my merry way.

People of that level of subterranean calibre deserve only the most rudimentary of acknowledgement.

I may or may not have used the first two words also. Oops. (Was Bigger)

I've had people shout things from their vehicles but never had one come alongside me.
I would like to use the A127 cycle lane which goes from greater London to Southend but it's never been maintained and is full of glass,metal and other c**p.

vickster

Legendary Member
I've had people shout things from their vehicles but never had one come alongside me.
I would like to use the A127 cycle lane which goes from greater London to Southend but it's never been maintained and is full of glass,metal and other c**p.

Have you tried reporting it? https://www.fillthathole.org.uk/hazards/report

Top Bottom