Driving taking a back seat to cycling...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I've been cycling pretty much daily recently, and only driving about once a week.

This has had a noticeable affect on my perception of risk when driving. For example, I was absolutely certain a car was going to pull out in front of me & cause an obstruction this morning, but because I was in a car & not on a bike, the driver stayed put.

I also get more irritated with certain women drivers who have no discretion over use of the accelerator, or concept of stopping distances. Full speed ahead at all times whether they are on the phone, checking the lippy, or not, and a one-size-fits-all 20 feet stopping distance at any speed, be that 20mph or 60mph.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I also get more irritated with certain women drivers who have no discretion over use of the accelerator, or concept of stopping distances. Full speed ahead at all times whether they are on the phone, checking the lippy, or not, and a one-size-fits-all 20 feet stopping distance at any speed, be that 20mph or 60mph.
Those pesky women drivers :cursing:, keep 'em bare foot and pregnant I say, back to the kitchen with you :hungry:

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Arjimlad

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I didn't mean it like that, but it does come across a bit that way :blush:.

It's just because the ones I have noticed gurning away in my rear mirror have, overwhelmingly, been female. If they want an introduction that badly, they only have to follow me to my place of work and ask for a business card when I get there. Or Google the workplace..

Perhaps it is my aftershave after all...the advertisers were correct ?

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Well I seem to have been in the car more than normal, and yesterday (as a passenger), spotted the cyclist cycling no handed whilst texting on the opposite pavement. So warned Mr Summerdays that he was still potentially on the phone when he swerved across the A road 100 m in front of us. When we caught up with him he was in primary position (except I doubt he would have heard of the term - just cycling where he wanted), no handed, texting away completely oblivious to anything else around him. He then went through the red light, and up onto the pavement still texting! Sometimes I'm surprised that some people have survived to adulthood.

Top Bottom