Drought in Yorkshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I see the BBC are reporting that the drought has now spread to Yorkshire!!
So that would explain why the reservior that I regularly walk my dog around is more full than I've ever seen it then :wacko:
Perhaps it is because they used the pipeline they built from Kielder reservoir in Northumberland to Yorkshire after the great Yorkshire drought of 1995 to fill the reservoirs because they saw this drought coming? :whistle:

OP
OP
SquareDaff

SquareDaff

Über Member
Perhaps it is because they used the pipeline they built from Kielder reservoir in Northumberland to Yorkshire after the great Yorkshire drought of 1995 to fill the reservoirs because they saw this drought coming? :whistle:
Or perhaps it's just a pre-cursor to an "we need to increase your bills x% above inflation because........" statement! Or am I just plain cynical?!?!

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
How can they say this when winter is not over yet?

We are expecting snow in Denmark next week.

having said that, it has been a very dry winter.

Steve

I see the BBC are reporting that the drought has now spread to Yorkshire!!
So that would explain why the reservior that I regularly walk my dog around is more full than I've ever seen it then :wacko:

Eccup?

I havent been up there in a few weeks, will have to take a trip out next week as I'm overdue a visit to Emmerdale if I go past Eccup:becool:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The weatherman on the TV said that Yorkshire's reservoirs are at about 95% capacity so households are currently okay. The problem is that the low rainfall has meant that rivers are running very low so farmers etc. are being restricted in what they can draw off. A roving reporter neatly illustrated the problem by standing on what looked like a patch of mud next to a puddle. In fact it was a river bed! The water would normally have been at least thigh-deep.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
You must be having that dry snow then :laugh:

Well we have wet snow in Denmark this morning. I emptied my water but a few weeks ago and it blew across the garden last night because it was still bone dry.

Maybe the boffins have a point.

Steve

Top Bottom