drugs topic again, but take a look

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

Now we've al been through the drugs in sport situation, players/members disqualified for taking the drugs etc.....

Now is it me or should this rule take place in the world of entertainment? Small children take more notice of singers and actors these days rahter than sporting hero's so they are the ones setting a bad example to the younger generation than our sports stars.

Should Singers like Amy Winehouse and Pete Doherty and actors alike be banned from performing, CD's and Albums taken off the shelves due to performers actions.

Bigtallfatbloke

Yes.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Artists should be stripped of awards/platinum disks etc. for any work completed under the influence of performance-enhancing drugs. Mandatory testing must be introduced as a clause in all new contracts. Special tests to be completed after the release of any critically-acclaimed new work, especially one which deviates significantly in style from earlier work.

domtyler

Über Member
Furthermore, why not look at all music that has been produced since the nineteen fifties and ban any that may have been produced while the artist was under the influence?

domtyler said:
Furthermore, why not look at all music that has been produced since the nineteen fifties and ban any that may have been produced while the artist was under the influence?
Leaving Cliff Richard and possibly the Nolans. But I'm a bit sus about Bernadette...

domtyler

Über Member
Nah, the Nolans were well known for snorting Crystal Meth and shagging all the back stage staff.

mikeitup

Veteran
Amy Who? Pete who?

You've lost me there.

red_tom

Don't forget to destroy all those CDs from The Beatles, the Rolling Stones, The Who and Jimi Hendrix whilst you're at it.

As Bill Hicks once said 'The Beatles were so high they even let Ringo sing a few songs.'

tomb1960

Red Tom's right. The whole history of rock/blues etc would not be what it is without mind altering substances. It's a 'chicken and egg' situation I fear. Are these people creative as a result of pharmacology or does their creativity drive them to experiment with pharmacology? I don't know.

The fact is that whether we (or they) like it or not people such as Mr Doherty and Ms Winehouse are powerful role-models. It takes them ages to realise that with that comes a certain amount of responsibility.

OP
OP
walker

walker

tomb1960 said:
Red Tom's right. The whole history of rock/blues etc would not be what it is without mind altering substances. It's a 'chicken and egg' situation I fear. Are these people creative as a result of pharmacology or does their creativity drive them to experiment with pharmacology? I don't know.

The fact is that whether we (or they) like it or not people such as Mr Doherty and Ms Winehouse are powerful role-models. It takes them ages to realise that with that comes a certain amount of responsibility.

So if it's a good idea to let our younger generation believe that drug taking is ok as it makes you a great singer, then why are we stopping our sports persons? If you take out these role models surely we would see a decrease in the amount of drug related crimes in this country?

tomb1960

I don't think it is a good idea to send that message. I think you are right removing these role models (or perhaps more accurately removing the coverage these folk get) may have an effect on drug related crime. It's hard to see how to do it though.

Top Bottom