Dumb question of the day (Googlemail)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

I cannot for the life of me see where I can create an archive folder in googlemail. It really is a pitta format . Must have been designed by a committe of bind people on different continents.
You can't move or dragndrop emails
There is an 'Archive' button but its just a black hole as I have never found where the files actually have gone.

Help!:biggrin:

argggggh ok I found where the files go when you archive them. They go to the folder marked 'All files' well thats logical ...not

If you're running Vista, set up Windows mail and get all your googlemail to drop into there. Go to Settings>Forwarding POP.

Much easier to manage.

OP
OP
P

peanut

cheadle hulme said:
If you're running Vista, set up Windows mail and get all your googlemail to drop into there. Go to Settings>Forwarding POP.

Much easier to manage.

no win xp unfortunately

derall

Guru
cheadle hulme said:

Much easier to manage.

You can do this with Thunderbird too, on any platform. As above, set up Gmail to forward POP. The set-up page will give you a list of all the settings, just create a new account in Thunderbird using these settings. Same thing applies to Yahoo Mail. Then you can create as many sub-folders in Thunderbird as you want to archive and organise your mail.

I haven't visited the Yahoo or GMail sites since the day I first set up my accounts - all mail is done through Thunderbird. Also makes things a lot easier for composing / saving drafts

The original idea with googlemail was that you didn't need to organise things, just archive and search

how reliable this is, i do not know...

derall

Guru
As an aside...

The problems yesterday with Google flagging the entire internet as untrustworthy are persisting today in GMail - Messages are being flagged as 'This message may not be from who it says it is - beware of following links'

Check your spam / junk folders for anything that might have been filtered out

Top Bottom