Dun Running? Try Dun Run II - 1st October 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
They were closed when we passed on Saturday night!

However there must be somewhere that is open, or that might like to open if there are a fair few of us. Maybe when the numbers become clear I could do a bit of research.
Unless of course Biscuit is up for X'ty hungry cyclists descending locust like on his kitchen in the middle of the night!

Two years ago, they were open, last year I wasn't 100% sure. On checking their opening times, it says only open until 11 pm.

However, as I mentioned in the opening comment, there is a 24 hour Tesco in Sudbury, and in fact it's only ½ mile off route, going the other way, away from the McDonalds roundabout.

Put me down for a tentative yes for this......what is the total mileage?

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
won't be doing an 'and back' as need to get back for a good time on the Saturday. But probs push it to 150 by going to Ipswich

Stowmarket, Audley End, Royston...100 miles or so...we might as well leg it over to your part on the return Adam - then straight down to London! Tescos are 24hrs on Friday - 10pm on Saturday are they not - except the Metros which are 11pm. Mmmmm those lovely multicoloured fizzy drinks and Mars Bars, tossed into the furnace of the rider errant.

OP
OP
Flying Dodo

Flying Dodo

It'll soon be summer
Stowmarket, Audley End, Royston...100 miles or so...we might as well leg it over to your part on the return Adam - then straight down to London! Tescos are 24hrs on Friday - 10pm on Saturday are they not - except the Metros which are 11pm. Mmmmm those lovely multicoloured fizzy drinks and Mars Bars, tossed into the furnace of the rider errant.

Mmm - the bit to Stowmarket is very nice, and I know the way from Duxford back to Luton, so it's just the bit in between.

A bit O/T, I just happened to notice an odd thing marked in a field to the north-east of Sudbury...........

Andy84

Veteran
What sort of time would you guys expect to do this in, would it be the same sort of pace as the FNRTTC's?

I rode back from Brighton (with detours) on Saturday, to ride my first '200k' (just about). But I didn't get back until just after 3, so that was 120 miles in 15 hours.

Altough I have done a 100 mile ride this year that took just over 10 hours.

Andy

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hopefully faster then a FNRttC

What sort of time would you guys expect to do this in, would it be the same sort of pace as the FNRTTC's?

I rode back from Brighton (with detours) on Saturday, to ride my first '200k' (just about). But I didn't get back until just after 3, so that was 120 miles in 15 hours.

Altough I have done a 100 mile ride this year that took just over 10 hours.

Andy

redjedi

Über Member
Mmm - the bit to Stowmarket is very nice, and I know the way from Duxford back to Luton, so it's just the bit in between.

A bit O/T, I just happened to notice an odd thing marked in a field to the north-east of Sudbury...........

Probably Rimas - doing a bit of off-roading to pass the time while the rest caught up...

Funnily enough that is right where the CC wagon was positioned for the half way stop, right at the end of the....eerrmm thing :tongue:

Top Bottom