Dunwich Dynamo 19th July 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
me and someone else that looked serious both had 121.something including perhaps a mile of detours

and User came across to say hi to me and Will, dripping in CC gear as we were, I had a top on but Will has head to toe

I was shattered on arrival at Lavenham and the finish but fully restored after the stops, felt fine on the way to Ipswich, the chap I rode there with was a tad pedestrian. for the last ten miles even coasting down hills hurt, a lot

Tore into work this morning with lots of enthusiasm, sore arse and a numb finger tip notwithstanding

the not quite as much fun bits are fading away already leaving only the manly heroic bits, give me another week and it'll be all beer and skittles in blazing sunshine

Wobbly John

Veteran
I clocked up 117 miles on the Dun run, which several people agreed with. Added another 40 going home (to Stowmarket station/station to home).

I stayed at the finish for about 5 hours, and still met a few riders who hadn't finished as I rode back to Peasenhall. :sad:

Tynan

Veteran
Wobbly John said:
I stayed at the finish for about 5 hours

sod that, the breakfast was very nice but thereafter what was there to do, even with it being a nice day, even with the Ipswich ride I was home for noon before the coaches would even have set off

Will1985

Über Member
Tynan - don't forget to add the miles getting to London Fields in the first place!

I'm going to post up my GPS data, some pics and a review of my front light at some point in the next week.

I'm a bit disappointed that the top speed appears to be only 60kph down Ballingdon Hill into Sudbury!

Tynan

Veteran
nice one, cool

and Will, really, you were my witness that I zeroed the comp before we set off

I'm nobly ignoring the 6.5 miles I rode to get to the start

your lights were lovely will, like being followed by a car, 'only' 60kph?

I found the downhills rather unnerving, no sensation of downhill other than feeling the bike going faster, no way of seeing what waht ahead beyond a certain point, spec those later ones, fortunately in the daylight with the lovely sharp turn with gravel at their foot, fotunately I was riding at this point with someone that had clearly had a spill on gravel at some point in his life

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Woooohoooo! I'm still buzzing from this ride.

One weird side effect is that when I put my skates on yesterday, my legs felt like they belonged to someone else for a couple of minutes until my body got used to them again. Very strange! It didn't take long to get back to normal though.

Tynan

Veteran
ditto, I'm feeling much more of a real cyclist now, riding much harder and faster

and most oddly I've had no reaction at all, sore arse but better now, a numb fingertip still but legs, chest, back and everything else that was bloody sore during the ride have been A1 since getting home

odd as

that or I'm so old now that it'll happen tomorrow on day four

Top Bottom