Dunwich Dynamo 19th July 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
karl j said:
Hi, quote from the 2008 FAQ's -
"What time?
8pm for a 9pm start. That's PM. Saturday evening. 19 July 2008. Careful, that start time isn't precise, people start to leave when they feel like it after 8pm..."

Anyone else in suitable locations of Norfolk or Suffolk fancy the ride back up the coast after ?

Karl J, wrong way for me I will be riding back south from the finish. Looks like I will get the 5:30 or 6 train then which will give a little time to chill out beforehand

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
Karl J, wrong way for me I will be riding back south from the finish. Looks like I will get the 5:30 or 6 train then which will give a little time to chill out beforehand

Chilling out beforehand is one of the best parts, getting to see what everyone else is riding, having a last minute chow mein, meeting up with people, feeling sick with nerves :smile:

Tynan

Veteran
oooo, soon come, came home today like a professional, bike in for its free first service on the 10th

the tips on the southwark site said take a few days off beforehand, anyone else doing that or does a real man just take it in his stride?

I'm thinking about riding onto Ipswich after a brekko and a rest rather than waiting for coaches and stuff, anyone on for that

(so I can find it)

OP
OP
4F

4F

Commuting as usual that week so no chance of a break. I will be heading back Ipswich way afterwards so if you want a guide to the train station no problem.

Tynan

Veteran
ditto and love it, wondering how much difference a few days rest would make, I feel shags stronger on a Monday morning than a Friday morning

jolly good FatFella, as long as you're there in good time

god am I setting my self up for a long slog of a time!

OP
OP
4F

4F

Well I have a bbq to go to on the Sunday so I don't intend on hanging around. I was thinking 10 hours should do it including stops so eta Dunwich 6ish, bite to eat and then set of for Ipswich.

Will1985

Über Member
I'm almost certainly going - not sure of the logistics yet though. I'll be coming down from work in Lincolnshire to Kings X, riding to Dunwich and then going back to Norfolk.

Karl J - If I'm still up to it, I'll either ride up to Lowestoft/Oulton and get the train to Norwich from there which is 18 miles, or more directly to home (going through Bungay towards Norwich) which is 25 for me.

What about kit to take? It sounds like "Be Prepared" is the motto for this, so is a full complement of rain gear necessary? I'm wondering whether to get my Gridlock jacket out of summer hibernation!

Tynan

Veteran
you sound like my man then fat fella, in theory anyway

as for kit, all about the weather forecast init, it is July after all, hopefully

no more than a proof top I reckon, as much for warm and visible as anything else, gets cold out there in the country when a man gets a bit weary I suspect

Will1985

Über Member
An updated show of hands please: I am away from home tomorrow so my packing is tonight. Haven't booked a train ticket yet either but envisage being in London by 7:30.

OP
OP
4F

4F

Yes. Planning to arrive 6:30 ish to get some nosh and a cold one with Tynan beforehand.

Tynan

Veteran
Tynan is rock solid 100% barring anything drastic relating to kids

waiting on weather forecast as regards clothes

head says longs and long sleeves for the wee hours, gung ho says shorts and a top for laters, wait and see I suppose

FatFella's got my number will if you want to rdv for chinese and discouraging us from having too much to drink, summer evenings and excitement and pubs tend to go one way with me

Tynan

Veteran
gawd am I ready, been riding very hard for the last two weeks, aching legs, not sleeping enough, dozing off in the daytime, including today, a quick beer last night turned into three plus four or five Pimms plus three champagnes

on the way home the chain started skipping, on setting off again I left my pannier behind in Camden, luckily the lights were on the bike but lost pump, computer, multitool, and some sundry old stuff, hell of a time today getting a replacement computer, JD Cycles have promised to deliver tomorrow, bless them

so chain clean and oil tomorrow, check tyres, take kids to fete, suspect I'll be asleep outside the pub when everyone else sets off

must get to bed early tonight, woke up suddenly at 5am today with cramp in my calf

the only thing I have managed is over eating, had three visits to the free buffet in the student bar and my dinner when I got home late

Tynan

Veteran
ah, for once the bike is A1 and the rider is the dubious thing here

best of luck with that, I'm rather keenly awaiting the parcel from JD (would yu believe it arrived at this exact moment, yay)

erm, I think I'm ready

Keith Oates

Janner
I will not be there for obvious reasons but hope you all enjoy the night and that some kind person will give an account of how it went and with luck post some photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom