Dunwich Dynamo 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ride2017

All being well will be riding this this year.

Looking at some logistics and thought that I'd ride back to (north) London but that's going to be a hell of a mileage especially with no sleep. Is there likely to be any groups going back.... but of moral support for the slog!
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The logistics still puts me off. Hope it goes well for you!

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I've done it 6 and a half times...would like to do it this year but can't get picked up from the beach as my previous chauffeur has thoughtlessly moved to Northumberland! Does anyone have a seat and bike rack space free to London or in fact anywhere with Sunday trains (there are none in Suffolk since the operator has totally banned bikes on Sunday)?

rb58

Enigma
All being well will be riding this this year.

Looking at some logistics and thought that I'd ride back to (north) London but that's going to be a hell of a mileage especially with no sleep. Is there likely to be any groups going back.... but of moral support for the slog!
Anyone have any thoughts?
Thanks
You could start a group? If I do it again this year, I'll be riding back to Dartford Crossing. [EDIT: I just checked the date - I already have an overnight ride on the Friday night that weekend, so I won't be doing it]

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Thinking about doing it but im not sure if i can be arsed. I got a friend to give me a lift back from the beach and stuff and a bike rack ready.

I might do part of it then head home

AlexB

Veteran
I would really recommend the onward ride to Ipswich. It's mostly flat, and very, very pretty!
There's a great break spot at Snape Maltings for cake and tea en route as well.

I'll probably do the same as last time. I followed the route back to great Dunmow which is where I joined the route on the way out. This gave me a round trip of 222miles. I will only be riding if the weather is good, it got very wet around Sudbury on the way back so had to find a nice warm pub until it stopped.

Handlebar

Regular
This is my first time riding the dunwich dynamo and really looking forward to it.
Dunx cycles in Lowestoft have arranged buses to take us to London so there could be some seats available

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
This is my first time riding the dunwich dynamo and really looking forward to it.
Dunx cycles in Lowestoft have arranged buses to take us to London so there could be some seats available

First time is always a magical experience even though the ride itself isn't as magical as it once was

I would really recommend the onward ride to Ipswich. It's mostly flat, and very, very pretty!
There's a great break spot at Snape Maltings for cake and tea en route as well.
Not sure about mega pretty but it's a decent ride. And not hard.

From memory (a fair few years since I did the Dynamo) the route takes you through Woodbridge. There's a cafe there (near the station I think) that does way way better breakfasts than the tiddly things at the Flora Cafe. Better value. And no need to queue queue.

First time is always a magical experience even though the ride itself isn't as magical as it once was
I fear you are right. Last time I did it it was showing serious signs of getting too big and a bit too full on. I even remember a big truck with some sort of fold-out cafe/display stand for some company.

If I do it this year I will be taking a ton of camping gear and be on a bike with rather fat tyres. And taking my time.

How many people did it last year?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I fear you are right. Last time I did it it was showing serious signs of getting too big and a bit too full on. I even remember a big truck with some sort of fold-out cafe/display stand for some company.

If I do it this year I will be taking a ton of camping gear and be on a bike with rather fat tyres. And taking my time.

How many people did it last year?

Not sure what the numbers was, but i heard there were racers there ruining it for others who weren't racing

Top Bottom