Dunwich Dynamo 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ruining how roubaix? I have no probs with people doing it fast if they want to - though never seen the point. The last time, or time before last i did it, though, some racers were passing folks very close with no warning. At least one rider was thrown in the ditch. ***ts.

Handlebar

Regular
Ruining how roubaix? I have no probs with people doing it fast if they want to - though never seen the point. The last time, or time before last i did it, though, some racers were passing folks very close with no warning. At least one rider was thrown in the ditch. ***ts.
Lol:wahhey:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Not sure about mega pretty but it's a decent ride. And not hard.

From memory (a fair few years since I did the Dynamo) the route takes you through Woodbridge. There's a cafe there (near the station I think) that does way way better breakfasts than the tiddly things at the Flora Cafe. Better value. And no need to queue queue.

Agreed that the Cafe at Woodbridge station is good, I stopped there on Friday for a bite to eat

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
This is my first time riding the dunwich dynamo and really looking forward to it.
Dunx cycles in Lowestoft have arranged buses to take us to London so there could be some seats available

I am on one of those this year, I think they are running 2 coaches. I have not done enough miles in the legs this year to cycle to the start as I have done for the past few years.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've done it the last couple of years, first time with a mate whose wife kindly met us at the end where we got the camping stove out and made tea and a fry-up (plus a beer we'd stowed in the cool box :okay:)
Last year was a solo effort where I pedalled up to Lowestoft to meet up with a night driver from my place of work, and got a lift back to within 12 miles of home.
137 miles, plus the ride home.
I might do it this year if the boss is happy to let me scrounge a lift back.

There's a company in south(?) London that will bring you and the bike back (coach and lorry), if you don't want to ride any more miles. Someone will remember the name, I'm sure..

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
My days off have been confirmed, I am now officially in it to win it, Come rain or shine

Hell or highwater. sh*t or bust...

When I last did it I was using a route sheet. Now I use a gps and don't have anywhere to mount a route sheet on any of my bikes anyway.

Can anyone point me at a reliable tried and tested gpx file?

There are lots via google of course but I'm somewhat wary of wonky ones.

I'll manipulate it anyway and just turn it into a point to point with the turns marked - but I'd like to know it had been used by someone.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
When I last did it I was using a route sheet. Now I use a gps and don't have anywhere to mount a route sheet on any of my bikes anyway.

Can anyone point me at a reliable tried and tested gpx file?

There are lots via google of course but I'm somewhat wary of wonky ones.

I'll manipulate it anyway and just turn it into a point to point with the turns marked - but I'd like to know it had been used by someone.
When I get home from work at midnightish, I can PM you my .gpx from last year if you want?

Thanks roubaix - will check it out.

Don't quite understand your problem but then I'm not uber techie.

I use a humble Etrex 20 and I think on that you can have 250 points in a route if you are in point to point mode rather than asking the garmin to route between the points, which is of course the last thing you want anyway.

250 points will surely be enough to cover the entire route as there aren't going to be mega number of turns once out in the lanes?

I suppose I'll find out once I get to my editing - I think I'll chop out the first bit anyway and start my gps-ing from The Bakers Arms - will easily be able to just follow the crowd of riders up to there.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Don't quite understand your problem but then I'm not uber techie..

long story short, my Edge 520 lacks a microSD slot and that limits how much map data i can have on the device at any given time.

The way i navigated the route was via a little arrow on the screen of my 520 above a blank screen using GPS to point out the direction I should be heading as i have no map data to support turn by turn navigation.

Not quite flying blind but almost blind

Top Bottom