Dunwich Dynamo 24th July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
A wipe of a damp cloth a week ago revealed what even to a casual optimistic eye was a worrying 'crack in the paint' at the junction of seat post and cross bar on both sides, a week of riding regardless it's gone to LBS for new running gear where all three of those there said the frame is finished and under no circumstances should it be ridden

for the life of me I can't think of anything that could have caused anything likely to have caused that, off to Condor next week to expore the frame warranty

but even an optimist must feel that the DD is a non runner

yes, I'm heartedly farked off, big time

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Sorry to hear that Tynan, what a bummer

Tynan

Veteran
yes, I'm not happy at all, and right at the moment when the bike was about to spruced up for another year of fun

at least I popped into the LBS before they fitted £150 worth of running gear and a headset

and for that matter spotted it at all before it all fell apart as I was doing my sprint finish going over London Bridge/somewhere in the middle of nowhere in Suffolk in the wee hours

leyton condor

Veteran
Sorry to hear about your bike Tynan, if I had a spare one I would offer you a loan.

Well I do have a spare one, but it is a bit of a BSO. 18 ish year old Muddy fox courier comp mountain bike. Yours for the night if you really want to suffer.

Or you could go down the impulse buy route, and buy yourself a new one just in time

stevevw

Guru
A wipe of a damp cloth a week ago revealed what even to a casual optimistic eye was a worrying 'crack in the paint' at the junction of seat post and cross bar on both sides, a week of riding regardless it's gone to LBS for new running gear where all three of those there said the frame is finished and under no circumstances should it be ridden

for the life of me I can't think of anything that could have caused anything likely to have caused that, off to Condor next week to expore the frame warranty

but even an optimist must feel that the DD is a non runner

yes, I'm heartedly farked off, big time

Tynan
I have a Bianchi Pista you can use. Could probably get it down to Liverpool street for you and then put it in the van at Dunwich

Tynan

Veteran
bless you Steve

Condor were very good today and it looks as if they'll have it all dealt with in time

But if they don't and you're happy to do that, that'd be very good indeed of you, you really are going too far with they decent bloke weighing in routine

redjedi

Über Member
Sorry about your bike Tynan.

From experience I would be very careful about buying a new bike just in time for the Dun Run. I did that last year, and it was quite uncomfortable :ohmy:

I should also point out (just in case you hadn't realised) that the Bianchi Pista is a fixed gear, but very lovely bike.

Tynan

Veteran
Sorry about your bike Tynan.

From experience I would be very careful about buying a new bike just in time for the Dun Run. I did that last year, and it was quite uncomfortable :ohmy:

I should also point out (just in case you hadn't realised) that the Bianchi Pista is a fixed gear, but very lovely bike.

teehee, I well rember jedi and voiced the same concerns, only a new frame though init, all I'd be missing is the flex from the cracked seat tube, anyway, I don;t have it yet

fixed, yes, I thought that, I am rather keen to try a fixed although doing on the DD is a bit of a bold one

stevevw

Guru
fixed, yes, I thought that, I am rather keen to try a fixed although doing on the DD is a bit of a bold one

I only offered so I did not have to ride it for 120 miles ;)

Tynan

Veteran
indeed, I'm now promised firmly my bike back next Tuesday so just in time

but thanks again Steve, very decent indeed of you, I'd have given it a crack too, what a way to learn fixie, riding it overnight for 100 miles plus

stevevw

Guru
What time are we meeting up at Liverpool street and then London fields?

I can get to Liverpool Street for 6pm - 6:30pm - 7pm

Leaning towards 6pm so we get time for a pint and a box of noodles before the off.

Tynan

Veteran
I should get the ride back today and with new running gear and cables and tyres only a few weeks old with a posh conti 25 on the back

And this year I won't be arriving at the last second and keeping everyone waiting

a pint and some noodles sounds triff, I can get there whenever, that said I'm not sure about setting off time, the only argument for an early departure would be to try and beat the crush at the stop and I suppose the queue at the cafe, are all camper vans at all stages still in effect (crosses fingers)

I'm happy to meet you early doors if you want to Steve, for the sheer pleasure of your company naturally but also to repay some of the splendid contribution you're making to CC posse's experience of the ride

Are there any takers for the ride back? I'm determined to do it, even if I have to (deep breath) do it on my own

leyton condor

Veteran
I regret that I am going to be a no show on this one.
What, no show for all of it or just the ride back?

I'm afraid that I am lightly rubbing my name off the list to ride back (it was only lightly pencilled in anyway)as I haven't been cycling as much as usual lately. Maybe next year and I will book the Monday off work.

Top Bottom