Dunwich Dynamo 24th July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
What, no show for all of it or just the ride back?

I'm afraid that I am lightly rubbing my name off the list to ride back (it was only lightly pencilled in anyway)as I haven't been cycling as much as usual lately. Maybe next year and I will book the Monday off work.

A no show either way:sad:

redjedi

Über Member
Sorry to hear that Tony.

I'm not committing myself to riding back. As much as I would like to, I can't make that decision until after breakfast on Sunday.

Ipswich I think would the minimum.

redjedi

Über Member
Does anyone have the gps data for the route? I've just taken delivery of a Garmin Dakota 20, so I've got a week to get used to it.

If I'm late to Herne Hill on Sunday, it's because it's not working properly :tongue:

redjedi

Über Member
Luke give this a go. It is the one I had on my Garmin last year although 4F took us on a diversion for a comfort break just after day break. but should be close enough to get you to the beach. Having said that we are all riding together this year are we not?

http://bikeroutetoas...x?course=151697

Thanks. Of course we'll be riding together, but it's always nice to know where you're going.

Especially as last year there was one point where we were getting different directions from different people :wacko: and we ended up going up the A12 for the last few miles.

frank9755

Cyclist
I'm planning to come, fresh from Brighton the night before. Will aim for London Fields at 7:30-ish.

Ride back is a possibility - will see how I feel / how much sleep I can grab during Saturday!

Frank

Tynan

Veteran
not another friday night type

teef gave me bloody ab dabs with his ashen harrowed face last year

riding togeher is a nice idea except it so bloody hard to stick together in the dark for the first couple of hours whe there's so many bikes, I barely hung onto will last year by dint of his distinctive lights

jedi, it's in the mind! picture it and it will beso, 30 miles to Ipswich only leaves another (ahem) 90 bak to London, just have to aim at the smoke, all roads and all that

Sig SilverPrinter

Steve , what time are you getting to liverpool st? I can meet you there as I'll come up by train from Romford

Tynan , I'm a possible for the ride back or a least as far as I can get as I still haven't sorted out a train ticket

Tynan

Veteran
I think you'll be fine just buying one at Ipswich sig, you might even wangle a lift there from the allgiving Steve

But you're obviously very welcome to roll back to London with me

Tynan

Veteran
6 week break with the preceding 5 days to the ride to get fit again?

I was going to take two days off prior, but having this weeks off has rather queered things, three days next week and then 2 off I think, maybe just one

that was a list earlier in the thread although more accurately it was the list of those going that wanted catering for

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Just had this through from a mate who is doing it this year which may be of interest:-

Just to let you know one of our gang has a large house in Gosbeck ( just after Coddenham near the village hall ) which is on the route. He is doing bacon sarnies, burgers and drinks to all riders at a modest charge to cover costs. . Not looking to make a profit, just to have a laugh.

leyton condor

Veteran
Just had this through from a mate who is doing it this year which may be of interest:-

Just to let you know one of our gang has a large house in Gosbeck ( just after Coddenham near the village hall ) which is on the route. He is doing bacon sarnies, burgers and drinks to all riders at a modest charge to cover costs. . Not looking to make a profit, just to have a laugh.

That is of much interest as I am cycling with a few from work who have no affiliation to any forum or club and I am not looking forward to a 2 hour queue at the flora. I am thinking along the lines of self sufficiency but however sandwiches I make I know i will eat them before the end.

Will it be signposted?

Top Bottom