Dunwich Dynamo 24th July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biscuit

Legendary Member
indeed it does, if there is a hard section it's the small hours in the second half roundabout the 80 mile mark

and the last 20 seem to be very hard, the route suggest you're getting there, rolling gradient, the countryside changes, and it just goe on and on with more (gentle) hills than the rest of the route put together

my hot tip from my first ride two years ago is don't be doing that section solo, find someone sociable, it makes it a great deal easier and more pleasant

and plenty of cream applied generously and early

The thought of a can of Stella, a fry up and a swim in the sea may just get me through the final 20. However I'm not up for applying body lube to my riding buddy......perhaps I've joined the wrong sort of group here. ;-)

Biscuit

Legendary Member
excellent

can the ride back types add their mobiles to Steve's CC riders' list, if they want to

the more the merrier on the ride back I assume? (and that way I might actually get home)

I shall be joining the ride back as far as Ipswich, then I'm gonna bugger off to Sudbury, (home). Steve has my mobile. Perhaps we should add an RB to the existing M or V on the list.

leyton condor

Veteran
Just checked the BBC weather forecast for Saturday/Sunday and it is looking promising. Now do I remove the crud roadracers (mudguards) or would that be tempting fate?
I remember a time last year when I wished that I had some.

Tynan

Veteran
no-one wants the back roads surely?

pubs and stations works for me, especially if it's a shorter route

rolling was some gentle up and down stuff, nothing steep, not even after 100 miles

Tynan

Veteran
right, next two days are on the train in an attrempt to at least start the ride on Monday legs

I only rode once last Friday (the cracked frame saga) and the three days this week, if that isn;t a recipe for strong legs good for 200 miles, what is?

my longest ride this year is 13 miles I think ...

redjedi

Über Member
There's nothing steep on the route User.

I think back roads are a better option than the A12, although you may get Mouseketeer status if you want to do that.
I was thinking more of a leisurely ride rather than bombing down the motorway :tongue:

If I'm with you I'll have my new GPS to guide us, but if I bail onto a train, you may want to make a list of road and town names.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
[QUOTE 645122"]
I'm with Luke.

Ride back via train stations, just in case.

When people say "rolling terrain" near the end you mean no steep hills - just a few long gentle inclines?
[/quote]

No real hills to worry about. I think the steepest one is the one on the way into Sudbury

OP
OP
Will1985

Will1985

Über Member
I'm a no this year I'm afraid - won't cope with more than a couple of hours in the saddle at a time and haven't got anything in the legs.

If the relay jersey is coming up, I should cope with home-Dunwich-home to collect it.

stevevw

Guru
The recce team was out last night and found a highly salubrious location that I will pm you all with on Friday along with the collected mobile numbers list. All those that want food must be on the riders list thread so we can get enough supplies in. Van will be in position by 12:30am and will have a list of riders that have asked for food you will need to tell them the password, which I may or may not tell you. ;)

This is what I will be making/buying

Halfway
Veggie Soup (that I may bung some pasta in)
Lump of French stick
Flapjack
Bananas
Tea
Coffee
Coke
Water for bottles

Dunwich
Rolls
Bacon
Sausage meat and that nasty quorn stuff
Eggs (from my chickens)
Tomatoes
Mushrooms
Tea
Coffee
Whatever is left from the night before

Oh nearly forgot
Lager
Beer
Cider

Any more requests? No Tynan I am not fafing about with potatoes.

We will have some tools, track pump and probably some tubes on the van if we need to repair, inflate or replenish our supplies.

stevevw

Guru
rolling was some gentle up and down stuff, nothing steep, not even after 100 miles

I remember one incline that hurt a bit towards the end of last years ride. My phone started ringing about half way up, but I could not answer it as was out of the saddle puffing hard. One of the others that I was with at the time took exception to the continual ringing and said something along the lines of ”Oh dear chap would you mind awfully turning off that confounded din." well that is what I translated it as. :biggrin:

redjedi

Über Member
:thumbsup:

Good work Steve. Looks very good to me.

I've plotted the route home on GPSies.com, I'm quite looking forward to trying to reach 200 miles. Although I'm feeling that now, it may not be the same after a 110 mile night ride :wacko:

redjedi

Über Member
In that case you'll be our Mr Motivator

mr-motivator.jpg

Moustache is optional :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
bless you Steve, that looks utterly outstanding, bravo, can't wait

as for the second hundred, imagine it and it wil be so, I'm going to set off regardless of how i feel and see what happens,daylight, homeward bound, pub lunch, what could go wrong?

Top Bottom