Dunwich Dynamo 24th July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leyton condor

Veteran
Just fitted 2 new conti ultra gatorskins to my bike and hmmmm.......noticed that front wheel bearings are a bit loose, what a bummer. I knew I shouldn't have gone fixing what was not broken in case I found something to lose sleep about. The thing is the wheels are Fulcrum 7's with sealed cartridge bearings (maintenance free the man in the shop said). I will road test them on my commute tomorrow, worst comes to the worst I have the old front wheel somewhere. Does anyone know if this is dangerous or not?

Tynan

Veteran
surely LBS can sort it Sat morning?

leyton condor

Veteran
I was hoping to have a quiet saturday, plus my LBS is not that L. I will give one of them a call tomorrow. If the bike rides fine tomorrow (and I did not notice anything to the contrary riding it today) then Dunwich here we come.

rb58

Enigma
Sorry for the radio silence. I'm just back from a week in the sun - and off the bike - so I have no excuses now for not making the return trip on Sunday morning as I've done zero training miles in the last 10 days.

I'll look out for those of you riding in CC gear and will head for the camper van in Dunwich car park to hook up with those who are riding back. I also favour coming back via towns with stations and/or pubs - just in case. With regards cream, I prefer the stuff that comes in squirty cans. Makes it much easier to apply ;-)

Cheers.

Ross

Tynan

Veteran
sweet talk Steve rb and get on the halfway stop camper van

my two days rest were felling really good today, really felt fresh and up for it (walking) on the way to work

I suspect I might have rather spoiled it by finsihing at three to meet the lady wife, drink five pints very fast and then go home with four bottles of Tsykie

and a nice four pint lunch with bro on Thursday

oh well

tmcd35

Well, I've been away from this thread for a while (been keeping one eye on it). Must say I nearly bottled after doing the Norwich 100 then Orchid Essex 75 a week later. But here I am trying to stay up as late as possible to reset my body clock ready for tomorrow.

Got my drink and bananas in, and money ready for a Maccy-D breakfast sunday morning if I can find one. Lastest puncture fixed and both tires pumped to bursting point ready to go.

Currently thinking of walking me bike to the train station and aim for a 4pm-ish train to the capital. I think I've finally cracked - I looked on a route planner and Dunwich to Norwich is only 30mi. So I'm leaving the car at home and am planning to cycle back to Norwich on Sunday. I'm sure my legs and butt won't be thanking me come 9/10am on Sunday.

Still, excited again now - bring it on!

Tynan

Veteran
yes, same here

have to geta buff from somewhere, the nice one that vanished last winter is still unfound

I'd dearly love a second pair of bib shorts for the return lef but now my arse has tasted the assos shorts, I can't afford another pair

think i'm all set otherwise, the weather apeears to be perfect so no need for a proper wet top, a few layers plus gillet and long gloves will do for the very cold bit after the stop, hopefully the man in skirts will mean a mucgh more short and productive halfway stop, it's the standing around that I imagine that makes afella go cold

LBS to vouch for the rather worn rear rim, supermarker for malt loaf and some chocolate raisins

Tynan

Veteran
buff bought, a snip at £7.99, Endura one, after me literally flinching from the one with scottish flag and claymores, an 'anthracite one was produced, gray to me

the rear wheel got the defo no from LBS, they only had a black 36h rim so there's the colour scheme further mashed

never mnd the wear, there were at least three dings, one a nasty one

plum frame, silver front with yellow tyre, black rear with black tyre

all that's left of the original bike from 2 and a bit years ago is the handlebars, stem, seatpost/saddle (split), mudguards and rack, maybe the bb

I'm riding with Team Slow from elsewhere. But I might have the odd cake or two spare in my pannier, if anyone wants to nick one before departing....

leyton condor

Veteran
Just given bike a quick once over, cleaned and lubed transmission, fitted new front brakebloks and attached carradice super c saddlepack. off to supermarket for supplies.
See you all around 7 at London fields.

Well, the important preparation is done.....
35108_415828971838_551606838_4380071_4784359_n.jpg

tmcd35

[QUOTE 645150"]
I'll be outside Liverpool St at 6.30.

I have no GPS or map and no idea where Dunwich is.

But guess if I get lost I'll be OK if I just keep heading East.
[/quote]

Erm, Head North! (then East a bit)

I'm thinking the 4:30 train so I should be at Liverpool St at 6:30. There's a Maccy-D there and I want to pop in for a large Banana Shake before I set off :biggrin:

Anywho - Got my iPhone loaded with MapMyRide and all needed maps (LLS->Hackney, Hackney->Dunwich, Dunwich->Home). Starting to wonder if I've got enough supplies. Maybe a 24hr garage or two en route will er correct that problem?

Top Bottom