Dunwich Dynamo 24th July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

leyton condor

Veteran
I got the coach back last year. Yes there was a bit of a delay as another coach and van had to be booked last minute, but it was quite a hassle free way to do the ride.
There were a few groups and cycling clubs there with their own coaches and vans but this would take a bit of organisation and I doubt any cheaper.
I definitely would not want to drive back after being awake all night.
I will be definitely be getting the coach back again.......unless I can persuade the missus to pick me up.............anybody know when Barrys ticket office is opening?

stevevw

Guru
Big foot Last year I drove to Dunwich, cycled to the train station, train to Liverpool Street, Pint at London fields, ride to Dunwich then droped people off at stations etc. before driving home. Not as bad as it sounds.

No overnight parking at the Dunwich car park but plenty in the village.

Tynan

Veteran
Auntie Helen said:
Well folks, I am now going to be in Düsseldorf for a language course whilst the Dynamo is running, so I can't be the food wagon as suggested. Big apologies to you all!

:smile:

Tynan

Veteran
stevevw said:
Big foot Last year I drove to Dunwich, cycled to the train station, train to Liverpool Street, Pint at London fields, ride to Dunwich then droped people off at stations etc. before driving home. Not as bad as it sounds.

No overnight parking at the Dunwich car park but plenty in the village.

Steve is very modest

He drove a camper van to Dunwich and had tea, a fry and cold stellas ready for forum members, and some garden furniture

plus lifts for bikes and riders to Ipswich

Tynan

Veteran
pish

the real men will be riding home

they will they will they will

Ipswich anyway

leyton condor said:
Riding to Ipswich in Wills dads car again then?

Young Steven is an excellent chauffeur!
Actually, it was self, Radius and Luke in the back, gently toasting, and feeling weary as the sun broke through and lulled us via the rooflight - to Diss, then London bound.
I was going to ride back but the weather undermined the thought little by little...I did the FNRttC and back and jumped straight into the Dynamo. I would probably be hard pushed to get to London Fields today!:laugh:
Still, it's a ritual innit! :laugh:

Tynan

Veteran
I was in the camper van

But I did the year before, in the absence of any other viable option

Aperitif had done ludicrous hours riding followed by no sleep, the poor man was nothing more than a shadow of himself, he actually looked better at the end than at the start

anyway, this year is ride home year, set off at least and see how it goes year

leyton condor

Veteran
Pencil me in very very lightly for the return leg, I'm going to get myself a ticket just in case (only £14 before the end of May).
I didn't really feel like cycling home last year, but after having a bit of a sleep on the beach and the coach, cycling home from Smithfield was a breeze, but that was only 8 miles or so.
The family are off out this year on that Saturday afternoon so maybe I can get some sleep beforehand.

Tynan

Veteran
it's the only writing instrument we/I use

we were fairly gung ho last year but there were no takers once we were there, not even from the likes of me that had no idea what might be involved

so defo this year, I'm going to take some days off riding before hand and everything

Mike!

Guru
What's the score with this? What happens, where are you riding from etc etc?

Dunwich is about 26 ish miles from me by bike as i'm just north of Ipswich (which would be a big round trip considering i've only just got back in the saddle for work and do 11 miles a day!)

Top Bottom