Dunwich Dynamo 24th July 2010

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
Tynan is in light training for all sorts of vague plans this year, I must insist on the camper van and furniture again, it was really excellent to relax with tea, hot breakfast and stella with good company rather than the very long cold queue for the cafe

no van etc would mean a rethink

and after two years of at least pretending to tackle the return route, this year must be the one, it's 30 miles to Ipswich anyway and daylight and pub lunches must be easier than overnight

so two lists will, a there list and a there and back list with a pinky swear in blood

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I wonder if I can make it this year? It means taking off a whole weekend, mind, and that's not good for the earnings.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I think that a long night skate like that might not pass the risk assessment, at least not for students. Some lethal surfaces on the route, and I hate to imagine how many potholes after this winter. Big problem for itty bitty wheels, even my 110mm.

BigSteev

BentMikey said:
the risk assessment

The what! lol.

I think my 'risk assessment' last year was to look at the sky, think 'oh well, it doesn't look like rain' and head off.

Tynan

Veteran
only as a joke, honest

there's a couple of descents in the morning half light into gravel that scared me on a regular bike, thos skaters don;t look safe at the best of time

tanya g

Tynan said:
thos skaters don;t look safe at the best of time

yeah, i look pretty unsafe/dangerous when people say stuff like that :biggrin:.... Mike, if it sways you either way Andy, Big, Tom, (Sol once I talk her into it), Dave, Ed!, Matt B, Me, Diego, and Dan (i heard a rumour of another double) are probably going. Add another 4-6 maybes and there will be a bit of LSST blue out there.

Tynan

Veteran
gawd

bigfoot

considering first Dynamo - just have to get head round logistics.

Currently thinking of driving 2 cars up the night before, dropping one off, travelling back.

1) where is best to leave car in Dunwich over night - is it relatively safe? any pointers?

2) anywhere near start to leave car over 24 hrs?

a bit of overkill I know but seems like the best option currently.

any advice greatly appreciated.

cheers

Dan B

Disengaged member
tanya g said:
Dan (i heard a rumour of another double)
Hoping for the triple, actually, LFNS brox+fnrttc+dynamo, and this year I will eat properly

On a bike, though, not on skates. Mike, you teach Bikeability as well as skating, don't you?

BigSteev

bigfoot said:

Currently thinking of driving 2 cars up the night before, dropping one off, travelling back.

1) where is best to leave car in Dunwich over night - is it relatively safe? any pointers?

cheers

I'd think that leaving a car in Dunwich wouldn't be too much of a problem, it's pretty quiet and I don't recall seeing too much in the way of parking restrictions.
In Hackney, I'd say it'd be a bit more hit and miss. Lots of resident's only and yellow lines but, as it's a Saturday evening/Sunday these may well not apply.

redjedi

Über Member
bigfoot said:

cheers

Plenty of room in the car park at the finish. Not sure about East London though. Might be best to get the train to the start or get dropped off.

bigfoot

cheers for info - due to a friends wedding on the sat this is going to be a logistic nightmare. Now thinking the coach back might be the best approach afterall. 4 hr drive fri night and then sleepy drive back on sunday is not appealing to me now.

Top Bottom