Dunwich Dynamo (Sat 16th - SUn 17th July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wanda2010

Guru
I can't remember but she was wearing a retro cycling cap like this one.

Not the woman I was thinking of, but that cap does remind me of another fixed gear rider.

Tynan

Veteran
my advice to DD riders with gouty ankles

and rather late in the day, my solitary picture taken of a planned evening of reportage at every stop, before the phone succumbed to sweat, team erm cyclechat, kinda, look at will raring to go off like a rocket

me, Linton and Richard from my work, 4F and will

DDstart.jpg

Tynan

Veteran
anything that I've ever owned takes a lovely picture as long as I let someone else do it, otherwise rubbish

no dissing the camera, I'm now instant messaging, facebooking and now a twitter feed of this Friday's pub crawl to let late arrival join as and when, and know what beers we've drunk as we drink them, crisps, peanuts etc as we eat them

yes, anyone that wants to be part of history is welcome to attend!

Tynan is @mickythehippo

:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
deedy, I ridden in the last two days with mixed feelings, legs weak but growing strobger, anything vaguely uphill defeat legs at once, bit sore especially what appears to be a small cluster of saddle sores that might need an absolute rest, hopedully Friday when I train in pre out on the lash

theclaud

Openly Marxist
1403819 said:
Are we talking hypothetically here?

Heh heh. I was, actually, although now that you mention it there is some ignoble satisfaction to be had from noting that I have seen young men of the most enviable grace, souplesse and power on two wheels not only make a complete horlicks of a simple replacement/inflation task, but also rely for the purpose on equipment which they apparently don't have the faintest idea how to use. I name no names, and wouldn't dare to mention the Blackpool FNRttC...

:whistle:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I'm not sure tonight's spin class was a good idea with my 'DD and back' legs...... :-(

:laugh: I did spin yesterday morning before work and it was 45 mins of seated climbs, legs felt suprisingly OK and I am pleased to say no backside / saddle interface issues. :biggrin:

leyton condor

Veteran
Well DD number 3 ticked off. Quite a contrast to last year and 2 hours slower but no less enjoyable. I suffered a bit with the low temperature and a bad stomach at the food stop, but it passed. A pair of leggings would have come in very handy (I was shivering so much at one point i could hardly control the bike). Apart from that it was a great ride. Bumped into a few forumers, Tynan, 4F and Will at the start and Little yellow brompton and his son a few times on route (I hope you guys had a good trip back to Gods own country).
One moment that sticks in the mind was talking to a guy on the Lea Bridge Road who was from Walthamstow. "I was sitting in this restaurant up the road here last year when you all went past" he explained. He got up from the table, went outside and asked a group of cyclists what was going on and they explained that they were doing the Dunwich Dynamo. " I told them next year I will come as well, and here I am"
Well I hope he enjoyed it and got to the end.
Very glad I fitted some new tyres to the bike on the Saturday morning as I have never seen so many people mending punctures.

Roll on June 30th 2012.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
You should have said Leyton, I had a pair of Ron Hills in my bag that I didn't use :whistle:

Agree about the tyres, I put a new set of gatorskins on the week before and glad I did. Earlier date next year due to the Olympics, already pencilled in.

Top Bottom