Duvet covers: how do you do yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
I recently went to Burley Youth Hostel with some members of my cycling club. This involved cycling there, but also the, to some, much more difficult task of making up one's bed. I had to help three people get their duvets covers on, when I saw them start to 'stuff'. They affected astonishment when they saw my inside out-hands in corners-grip corners of duvet- flip over-pull down technique. So, how do you do yours? Are there any other fancy-schmancy techniques out there?

I do the hand-into-corners-inside-out thing, but it almost always goes wrong.

I sometimes stand on the bed to do it and have before now hit my head or wrist on the very heavy pendant light fitting.

When my wife does it, it looks like Swan Lake in zero gravity and takes about eight seconds.

When I do it, it is like a mortally injured bull wrestling with a crocodile from inside the croc's belly. And it takes several minutes.

But I can wire a plug faster than her.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I recently went to Burley Youth Hostel with some members of my cycling club. This involved cycling there, but also the, to some, much more difficult task of making up one's bed. I had to help three people get their duvets covers on, when I saw them start to 'stuff'. They affected astonishment when they saw my inside out-hands in corners-grip corners of duvet- flip over-pull down technique. So, how do you do yours? Are there any other fancy-schmancy techniques out there?
I do it the same way though I haven't bothered yet this autumn. Duvet on top of cover works just as well and, if it's a warm night you can just push it to one side.

Puddles

Do I need to get the spray plaster out?
I call the husband I was not allowed to do very much at all when pregnant and certainly not wrestle with a heavy duvet so he did it and has done it since ^_^ prior to this the inside out technique worked well for me

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I do it right-way-out and head for the two corners opposite the open side. I always end up cursing, and then smash it into shape with my feet when I'm under it in bed. I'm useless at it.

400bhp

Guru
I'm a bit like Boris.

I cannot get those bed covers straight, nor get the duvet cover looking like it's never been slept in too. And what's all that faff of fluffing cushions that lie on the bed when not in it but never ever see a head rested on them. Complicated to me.:blink:

Top Bottom