Duvet covers: how do you do yours?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
You are Houdini, and ICMFP.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Yep, the hands at the corners of the inside out duvet cover, pull over, pull down and give it a bloody good shake to distribute the duvet properly technique for me too. I learned that as a kid when I was away somewhere with the school or similar.

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
I recently went to Burley Youth Hostel with some members of my cycling club. This involved cycling there, but also the, to some, much more difficult task of making up one's bed. I had to help three people get their duvets covers on, when I saw them start to 'stuff'. They affected astonishment when they saw my inside out-hands in corners-grip corners of duvet- flip over-pull down technique. So, how do you do yours? Are there any other fancy-schmancy techniques out there?
same as you bud...why make a simple task hard

classic33

Leg End Member
Yep, the hands at the corners of the inside out duvet cover, pull over, pull down and give it a bloody good shake to distribute the duvet properly technique for me too. I learned that as a kid when I was away somewhere with the school or similar.
Don't believe. you for a minute there.

You went to school!!!

I only have a single but the princple would work for all sizes. Identify the top corners of the cover (right way out) then push the top corners of the duvet into each corner, then holding on to each corner give the duvet a good shake while holding the top above your head. Push bottom corners into corners of cover and button up give another good shake and get into bed:thumbsup:.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Many, many years ago (I'm not saying how many) I worked for a couple of months at a small hotel in Germany (this was before duvet covers became the 'in' thing in the UK). They had duvets, with white starched covers. That was a real struggle, you had to unbend the cover first, then unstick the two parts of it before even trying to get the duvet inside!

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I only have a single but the princple would work for all sizes. Identify the top corners of the cover (right way out) then push the top corners of the duvet into each corner, then holding on to each corner give the duvet a good shake while holding the top above your head. Push bottom corners into corners of cover and button up give another good shake and get into bed:thumbsup:.

What if it's not bed time?

That'sthewaytodoit!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Ooh, I pull the corners from the inside rather than push them in from the outside. This means sort of wearing the cover on your arms when you grab the duvet corners. An advantage of this technique is that you can quickly convert yourself into a comedy ghost should the need arise.

Top Bottom