Dyson . I dont think so

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The parents of a boy in my son's class were trying to flog an American vac called a Rainbow, which filters dust with a water bath. They came round to our house with a couple of boxes, which they unpacked and did all kinds of demonstrations. Nothing they did impressed us because we knew our Henry could do as well or better. The mum was quite trim and wore very tight jeans and kept crawling around our lounge on her hands and knees but I managed to keep my eyes on the American vac. Then came the price... drum roll... she laid a card on the floor at our feet with something like £2000 written on it. My first reaction was that they'd missed a decimal point and that even £200 was too much but no... It really was £2000. Bonkers. They left disappointed and our Henry is still giving great service at least 10 years later.

At my local appliance repair shop the floor is crowded with dozens and dozens or sorry-looking Dysons like giraffes in a zoo, all waiting for spare parts. They are over-complicated and inefficient but Dyson played a great trick by allowing users to see the dust they've collected, which makes them think the Dyson is doing a great job. Humans love things that give a reward for the least possible effort.

Clever Mr Dyson lives in a pastiche country house with a permanent staff of over 50 to look after the place. No harm to him, he seems a nice guy unlike Green and some of those other prominent billionaires.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levo-Lon

Levo-Lon

Guru

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Bad hygiene is good for the immune system... it works through exposure!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I bought a Zanussi Airspeed Max in 2016. Best damn vacuum cleaner ever. Light, powerful as hell and other than snapping a few belts (due to it's own power and snatching shoe laces) it's never broken down. Pretty much the whole thing can be stripped down and run under the shower for cleaning.

81Xt2IbJhKL._SL1500_.jpg

The only missing from the parcel was the woman to actually use it. I really must complain.
:giggle:

Top Bottom