Dyson . I dont think so

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Had a small Dyson in 2000 which lasted until 2018.

We bought a cordless one to replace it & have had loads of trouble with it. It can't cope with more than about 30 mins of work, the filters need washing every other time & then you need to let them dry. We bought spare filters to speed that up so overall the money invested is ridiculous.

Never again !

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wait a minute.... your Dyson had filters? I thought Dysons worked by using a wonderful vortex system with no filters to get clogged?

Smudge

Veteran
I think Dyson products are ludicrously overpriced. Even more so now he's moved production to China.
And the price of his fans really do take the pss.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Wait a minute.... your Dyson had filters? I thought Dysons worked by using a wonderful vortex system with no filters to get clogged?

The old one had a spongy filter which needed rinsing every six months.

The new one has 2 filters which need washing every six hours' use, or more frequently.

Progress !

Now, if there is one thing that Dyson does well, the best by far, in fact, is the Dyson Airblade hand dryer. It beats all the other feeble, electricity-to-noise-converters hands down.
Unlike other Dyson products it doesn't suck.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Pedant alert.

A Hoover is a brand name. I’m sure Mr Dyson loves people calling his products hoovers.

A so-called generic trademark, biro is another.

There's legal stuff about the trademark becoming 'genericised' which means the original trademark holder loses it, often against their wishes.

The use of the capital letter can denote the difference - 'hoover' is another name for a vacuum cleaner, 'Hoover' is the name for products made by that company.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generic_trademark

KneesUp

Guru
Dyson's are actually quite good. I first bought a DC08 - one of the cylinder ones - when it was on offer at Sainsburys about 20 years ago when I got sick of trying to find the correct size bags for the Morphy Richards hoover we owned at the time. It turned out the carpet in our rented flat was an entirely different shade of blue than I had imagined.

They do loose suction in the end though - the marketing is not quite right. But they're not complicated in terms of moving parts, it just a motor, a fan and all the cyclone tubes - 8 on the DC08 as I recall. These do, eventually, get full of hair and stuff - especially if you live with someone with hair as thick as the first Mrs Knees - but it's an easy enough job to unscrew it and clean them out - then it's as good as new.

They are very expensive though, I'll grant you that.

Top Bottom