E Bay question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Here is a question for those guys who know about e bay selling rules.

I have been watching an item on ebay which had a day to run. The BIN price was removed yesterday and the item continued to get bids. There was nothing in the ad to say the auction could end early.

The auction has now ended a day early.

Is the seller allow to stop the auction and withdraw his item whenever he wishes?

Lilliburlero

Pro sandbagger
Is the seller allowed to stop the auction and withdraw his item whenever he wishes?

Yes.

simon.r

Person
If you are very interested in an item it's worth contacting the seller and seeing if they will end the auction early at a price you're happy to pay.

Some won't (I always specify that I'll let the auction run to the end), but many will.

Legally they are just offering it for sale (as a shop does) and so can decide not to sell it at any point up to the sale being agreed.

There is lots of legal fog in the area where they offer an item, you pick up the item and say "I will buy this" where you would think the deal is done at that point, but it is actually done when shop keeper accepts your money.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
answer to your question is simply.... yes they can , as wrong as i think it is , the seller probably pulled the auction because it wasnt attracting as high a price as they wanted, makes you wonder why bother bidding sometimes :wacko:

That is the normal reason you never know it might get re listed soon

gbb

Legendary Member
Once any bid is made, BIN is automatically removed....
If its removed from sale before the auction ends....end of story, no-one lost anything
I once won a chainset, cheap. Buyer immediately informed me of some spurious reason he couldn't allow it to go. Grudgingly accepted, without making a big issue of it, whaddayou do ?.
But, kept an eye on him for a while after...lo and behold, same chainset comes up for auction. Contacted him, threatened reporting to ebay etc and got my chainset for the original cheap price.
Ending before end of auction...nothing to be done.
After...that's another matter.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When i try to add an item on ebay many have this sign appear.

An item you selected wasn't added to your basket because the seller is on holiday. If you wish to purchase this item, please contact the seller and ask to be notified when they return.

Does this mean they really are on holiday,or have they stopped trading? 🤔 I'd say around 50 to 60 percent are 'on holiday'.:rolleyes:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
When i try to add an item on ebay many have this sign appear.

An item you selected wasn't added to your basket because the seller is on holiday. If you wish to purchase this item, please contact the seller and ask to be notified when they return.

Does this mean they really are on holiday,or have they stopped trading? 🤔 I'd say around 50 to 60 percent are 'on holiday'.:rolleyes:
I've done thousands of deals on ebay and I've seen messages like this only a handful of times. 50 to 60 percent? What in the world are you buying?

Actually, on second thoughts, don't answer that question. :ohmy::rolleyes::laugh:

Top Bottom