E mail today.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Ok i will admit i am a bit of a numpty at this computer lark,but i get along pretty good.But today i have a question.Last week and today i have received two e mails straight to spam.One from an old work pal but it wasn't him and i never opened it,now this afternoon Pam has sent me a message with instruction to look at her photos with a chance of meeting me.Now how do these people get hold of my Virgin e mail address.

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Your old work pal has had a virus that has cloned his email address to spam anyone in his contacts.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
Your old work pal has had a virus that has cloned his email address to spam anyone in his contacts.

Thank you for such a quick reply.Knowing what he liked,and got up to with his photography hobby it is quite possible he might have a virus,thank you.This is why i never opened both e mails.

alicat

Legendary Member
Yep, I've had two like that recently. People I know but am not currently in touch with. They went straight to spam.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I got an email claiming to be from somebody the other day. I immediately knew it was dodgy because he died several years ago.
Could have been a.........
download.jpeg

You're more on the ball than me @postman

Only option is new email address, it’s the same with the bas???ds that
somehow get your phone number, it’s all crockery, a real pain,
and just something we have to deal with.
Best bet is to set mail client to only accept mail from Contacts you
add to your email client, and keep a separate mail account for the
times you sign up for so called discounts etc, and another for what you
simply do not trust, like quora and the likes that insist you sign up
to get access to documents of interest.

The biggest culprit is anything android or google, just look at the access an app
asks for to run on your phone, and how google knows every single app you use
and when you open it, and how google takes your keyboard usage for analysis
to help provide a better user experience. There is no way to communicate in private
unless you first get rid of the usual suspects, of which there are many.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 26715

I believe they IOS more secure in this respect than Android.
Did you type that with a straight face? Secure & not being used for marketing from anything Apple ROFL

Drago

Legendary Member
Apple hardware and software is very secure, and can only be cracked by just about everyone. When they show their slick adverts trumpeting their privacy they conspicuously fail to mention Cellebrite. Apple though they were so clever when they refused to crack a handset for the FBI, but that backfired big style when Celebrite cracked it from scratch in an afternoon and the FBI then informed the media that it wasn't that difficult after all.

Last edited:
Nothing is secure unless you know how to defeat the best of the best.
Look how Snowden fared off. But it can be done. Though at this stage
people have become so used to accepting and agreeing to what ever is
waved in front of them, re educating them is impossible.

Top Bottom