Ear Ache

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just been out for a spin and whilst its got colder I have noticed my ears are really aching. I had a buff over them to cover up most of the wind but they still really hurt. I realized that I spent most of my ride with my mouth open and after just recovering from a nasty chest infection I was panting pretty hard so this maybe why. Is this something that is common or do i need a better buff to cover my ears.

Any thoughts?

thanks Mr P

I suffer with ear problems and I cycle with a headband in all but the warmest weather!

Try a fleecy headband (or skullcap) similar to this:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/p/cycle/7/dhb_Hunston_Windtex_Headband/5360031270/#

or have a look at ear bags to be worn under a buff:

http://www.earmuffshop.com/earbags/

Fiona N

Veteran
Earbags - discrete (well, unless you go for the gold lame ones or the fluoro fleece :smile:), warm and OK at speeds at least up to 60 mph without supplementary fixing (like a Buff over the top, which I have needed in the Cairngorms)

BearPear

Veteran
Another vote for the DHB headband-thingy. I tried a fleecy one but it was too bulky under my helmet, but the DHB one is perfect - I suffer awfully if I get cold into my ears and this does the trick!

mikeitup

Veteran
BearPear said:
Another vote for the DHB headband-thingy. I tried a fleecy one but it was too bulky under my helmet, but the DHB one is perfect - I suffer awfully if I get cold into my ears and this does the trick!

+1 (and same as dayvo) I had the same prob and the DHB headband sorted it out. What good is I used to wear my skullcap but used to be soaking wet with sweat. I don't have the problem with the headband. Or earache either.

OP
OP
Mista Preston

Mista Preston

Veteran
Hello all.

I managed to pick up a Endura head band much like the Wiggle one linked above. I have just come back after a my normal training ride and i have to say my ears did not hurt. I think as the weather gets colder a buff over the band will work a treat.

Thanks all for your help

Garz

Squat Member
I suffer from ear ache, however as the wife is working away they seem to have gone..

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
B'Dom 'Tish!!

Garz said:
I suffer from ear ache, however as the wife is working away they seem to have gone..

TheOne

One of the reasons I joined this site was to find out if I was the only one who got earache after cycling?? Sounds so bizarre but its not coincidence, it's not even slightly pain its quite severe. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom