East Yorkshire Big G Cyclosportive 2010 (July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zacklaws

Guru
You need an average speed of 16mph or 25kph to qualify for the gold in the 100K, 4 hours. But when you take into account the hills which you will crawl up around 4mph - 7mph, then you have a lot of time to make up elsewhere

Arch

Married to Night Train
And the ave speed for the bronze? I can't remember...

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
zacklaws said:
You need an average speed of 16mph or 25kph to qualify for the gold in the 100K, 4 hours. But when you take into account the hills which you will crawl up around 4mph - 7mph, then you have a lot of time to make up elsewhere

I average 16mph on the flat, chuck in some hills and I drop down to 12mph.

I'm just going to finish this one.

HelenD123

Legendary Member
To get the bronze level in the 60k we just had to finish!

Bandini - don't worry about riding a tourer. I did it last year on my Ultra Galaxy. I'd definitely recommend the ride. We had a great day.

Bandini

Well my bike is not as good a bike as an Ultra Galaxy, and I am sure that I am not as good a rider - but I reckon I could go for a bronze!

Arch

Married to Night Train
HelenD123 said:
To get the bronze level in the 60k we just had to finish!

Bandini - don't worry about riding a tourer. I did it last year on my Ultra Galaxy. I'd definitely recommend the ride. We had a great day.

Oh yeah! That was it!

Go on Bandini, do it! You get pie and chips at the end!

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think you do, but... look, who's going to look at it? Anyone you know should be impressed if you do it at all, and anyone you don't know, their opinion doesn't matter.....

It's not about time, it's about doing the thing - that's why they publish the results in alphabetical order, not time order. It's not a race, so no one loses.

Bandini

Arch said:
Anyone you know should be impressed if you do it at all...

How dare you! :whistle:

I am going to do it - a bit excited already!

zacklaws

Guru
I'm tempted to go out first thing in the morning and have a quick ride around the course again before dinner, but already done it this month and have got bored with doing it so many times, so I'm stuck for what to do, may go back to my original plan of Whitby and back and wait for the course to be published and put on line so I can see the alteration that has been made and then ride it.

Bandini

The course is on the website - but not a google maps type one that you can zoom in on. I will give it a go a few times before the race - when I can see a detailed map.

zacklaws

Guru
Bandini said:
The course is on the website - but not a google maps type one that you can zoom in on. I will give it a go a few times before the race - when I can see a detailed map.

From what I understand, there has been an alteration to it, the one on the website is last years and as stated will be updated.

zacklaws

Guru
Probably same as last years, a PDF of an OS map, which can be zoomed in to make it clearer.

Have you tried zooming in last years, up to 400% and it becomes clear.

Fiona N

Veteran
Well I've done an unhealthy thing and entered too - only 100km as I'll have just returned from a couple of weeks' business trip without bike/trike.
But every time I enter an event in advance I go down with a lurgy just in time to stop me riding. I'm hoping this event will help break the jinx as I won't be cycling beforehand ;)

Top Bottom