East Yorkshire Big G Cyclosportive 2010 (July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
This year i've entered the 160K -

last year I did the 100k & meandered a 'bronze' with a enjoyable scenic ride & very long feed / cake stop, it's the ride itself and finshing thats important to me.

Regards the route I printed it off A3 last year to give me clue of where I was heading; on the day though very well marked & great route.

Just need to get a lot of miles & hills in before the day...

earth

Last year I did the 100KM and finished with a silver - 2 minutes short of a gold. I wasn't paying attention and overshot a turning towards the end :/ This year I'm determined to get a gold.

zacklaws

Guru
craigwend said:
This year i've entered the 160K -

I thought I was mad, it crossed my mind to enter the 160k, but I have ridden these hills that much now, that I am getting sick of seeing them and riding the same old routes. Some days I have a good day out on that route, then another day, it becomes a right old slog, and I could not even predict how well I would do, my times can vary by about an hour. But if it was totally unfamililiar scenery, then I do not mind very long rides and would be up for it, but not on my usual run out area's. I rode the East Yorkshire classic route last year and nearly went mental on it, with nothing new to see to take away the pain when I began struggling.

As for the hills they are all similar to the 100k ride and non no worse, just more of them. In fact, just realised there is a couple of vicious one's, went up one at Thixendale today, it is only short, but steep, 14% and it used to kill me, today though I flew up it and managed just under 3 minutes on it, work hard on that one to get up it fast as far as you can and your OK, otherwise crawl and it hurts, unless you have a good low gear.

Anyway good luck with it, you'll certainly earn your cake on that one.

If you fancy a run round it, let me know, and I'll see if I'm free.

Bandini

Arch said:
Excellent! We'll have a regular CC posse there again.

;)

Reading up on training already - might start a thread for tips and ideas. Already taking notes of Zacklaw's comments.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bandini said:
:girl:

Reading up on training already - might start a thread for tips and ideas. Already taking notes of Zacklaw's comments.

My 'training' consisted of just getting out and riding at the weekends, and then cycling over to Beverley with full camping kit. Once I'd taken that off, the bike felt like a feather!:smile:

Bandini

Yeah, I am not going to be caning it with the training - but I am doing more and more cycling anyway. Got a lot of work on this weekend, or I would have a look at last years route. Will look next weekend.

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Update from organiser

Just a quick update on progress with the entries following my earlier email at the beginning of the week

Over 220 riders have entered the event already in just 5 days which is a terrific response and better than all expectations.

I also have quite a few entries to make over the next few day on behalf of the club, event sponsors of the road race and those assisting with the organisation and there are also quite a few on the system awaiting clearance of payment

The result is that over 50% of the available places are already taken and at this rate I anticipate entries will be sold out well before the closing date

Thanks to all those that have entered already

I have now listed the event on the Cyclosport.org and BC website which should ensure that the remaining entries are taken over the next few weeks

If you have not already entered and intend to do so I suggest you act quickly to avoid disappointment as we will not be able to extend the 500 rider entry limit

Yours in Sport

Paul

Paul Kilvington
Big G Cyclosportive 2010
Event Organiser

http://www.eastyorkshireclassic.co.uk/cyclosportive/

i'm in, doing the 100k again. had a great time last year. but with solty not doing it this year, i'll need someone to shout TURN! as i just don't see the big yellow arrows ;-) cheers, velocidad.

Arch

Married to Night Train
velocidad said:
i'm in, doing the 100k again. had a great time last year. but with solty not doing it this year, i'll need someone to shout TURN! as i just don't see the big yellow arrows ;-) cheers, velocidad.

Well, assuming I can keep up with you, I'll do it...

I may have to shout upwards, if I'm on the trike.:biggrin:

Shaun

Founder
Well, since most of you are doing the 100km I'd better get signed-up ... ;)

Back in a mo ...

Top Bottom