East Yorkshire Big G Cyclosportive 2010 (July)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bandini

Are we all going to meet up at the start? Not saying I will keep up for long, but be nice to say hello!

Shaun

Founder
That's me and Trev signed-up for the 100km ... wahey ... ;)

Shaun

Founder
Bandini said:
Are we all going to meet up at the start? Not saying I will keep up for long, but be nice to say hello!

Sounds like a plan ...

Maybe if a few of us are doing the 100km we could go as a CC group?

Don't want anyone to feel obliged mind you - especially if people are looking to beat last year's times. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
craigwend

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
We did a social start last year (& made a weekend of it!)

attachment.php

attachment.php

thumbs

attachment.php

3770205834_e5361ac027_m.jpg

;)

Bandini

Admin said:
Sounds like a plan ...

Maybe if a few of us are doing the 100km we could go as a CC group?

Don't want anyone to feel obliged mind you - especially if people are looking to beat last year's times. ;)

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

I am up for that - but as I said, I won't be upset if anyone wants to go ahead if I flag!

hulver

Fat bloke on a bike
I'm up for meeting at the start.

I'd say meet up at the finish as well, but I doubt you'll want to hang around that long :tongue:

Shaun

Founder
I don't think I'll be eating as much pie and ice cream this time round - I really paid for that on the way home ... :rofl:

Sounds like a plan then.

See you all there ... :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
hulver said:
I'm up for meeting at the start.

I'd say meet up at the finish as well, but I doubt you'll want to hang around that long :biggrin:

I dunno, if the food is like last year, I'll be hanging about for seconds.:rofl:

I'm happy to ride in company, and not so fussed about my time - I did the 60k last year, so don't have a time to beat. Anyway, I may be on the trike, which will make me slow up hill, but fast down....

Or, maybe we should all form a protective peleton around Admin. Complete with shades, and earpieces, and shifty secret service style glances.:thumbsup:

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I'm happy to ride in company, and not so fussed about my time - I did the 60k last year, so don't have a time to beat. Anyway, I may be on the trike, which will make me slow up hill, but fast down....

You not going for gold again this year ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Soltydog said:
You not going for gold again this year :biggrin:

I thought I'd take it easy, let the others have a chance....;)

(for those who don't know, last year when the results went up, I was mistakenly given a gold rating - despite starting and finishing at the exactly the same time as Helen, who got bronze... I emailed them and they corrected it, so my glory was shortlived...)

Bandini

Did the 60k route with a mate today. Did Nunburholme Hill at a very pleasing pace - for me! Impressed my mate who said he was a good quarter of mile behind me going up :biggrin: Of course I will be a straggler compared to the fast boys come the day of the 100k - but pleasing to know it ain't going to kill me!

HelenD123

Legendary Member
Bandini said:
Did the 60k route with a mate today. Did Nunburholme Hill at a very pleasing pace - for me! Impressed my mate who said he was a good quarter of mile behind me going up :biggrin: Of course I will be a straggler compared to the fast boys come the day of the 100k - but pleasing to know it ain't going to kill me!

That's good going getting up it in one go:smile:.

Bandini

HelenD123 said:
That's good going getting up it in one go:smile:.

Ha! Yeah - and it was not a bad show time wise either: I didn't time myself (cos I don't) but I was way ahead of my mate and felt it was a decentish time. I was determined to beat the psychological 'barrier' of the biggest hill, so gave it my all - will be up it a fair few times before Big G.

Top Bottom